Ammo Prices

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ammo Prices

With all this talk about ammo price. What to much to pay for ammo. I have seen prices like.

9mm Winchester 115gr 100 rounds for 75.00
    223 20 rounds 55gr American eagle for 19.95
    556 20 American 55gr eagle for 23.95

What's your point to say Oooo hell no!
    Last edited by Brotherbill; 01-23-2021, 02:52 PM.

If that’s FMJ it’s at that point for me

Comment

I would pay 20 for 223 hunting ammo online, but the problem is it’s 20 more for shipping.

Comment

Past there for me

Comment

Originally posted by bphillips View Post
          If that’s FMJ it’s at that point for me
          Yes FMJ. And these price are at my point of hell no!

Comment

Originally posted by Brotherbill View Post
            With all this talk about ammo price. What to much to pay for ammo. I have seen prices like.

9mm Winchester 115gr 100 rounds for 75.00
            223 20 rounds 55gr American eagle for 19.95
            556 20 American 55gr eagle for 23.95

What's your point to say Oooo hell no!

All of that is too much for me now. That being said, next year when I’m about out I’m sure I would gladly pay twice that. I foresee it not getting better for a LOOONNNNGGGG time. Maybe never.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I'd pay $35 for a box of .223 hunting ammo if I really needed it. I wouldn't buy FMJ for $10. I don't like it. That crap is junk.

But for my style of shooting it's understandable why I'd pay that kind of money for 20 rounds. I do a lot of predator hunting. If I sell one coyote that's anywhere from $15 to $30. So one to three bullets out of that box of ammo hitting something gives me my money back. If that money doesn't come back to me by squeezing that trigger I ain't foolin with it.
              Last edited by okrattler; 01-23-2021, 03:31 PM.

Comment

I'd pay a 50% markup for some basic .243 hunting rounds, but factoring in the shipping, it just isn't worth it to me when I've got two other hunting rifles with adequate stocks of ammo for. Would gladly trade some rounds I have enough of at equal retail value or perhaps even at a slight premium relative to the value of .243 rounds, but shipping ammo legally seems to be a hassle.

Comment

I've been wondering the same. I have a 500 rd case of 115gr 9mm I've thought about listing, but dont know just yet.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Comment

I guess I'll pay whatever it costs,someday.I'll never be without bullets for my guns.Thank goodness I won't have to worry about it for awhile..Pretty sure I've got bigger fish to fry right now,than ammo prices..Like stock market crashes,steel mills getting shut down,etc..This new administration is gonna take us straight into the $*****r,I'm afraid.

Comment

Originally posted by okrattler View Post
                      I'd pay $35 for a box of .223 hunting ammo if I really needed it. I wouldn't buy FMJ for $10. I don't like it. That crap is junk.

But for my style of shooting it's understandable why I'd pay that kind of money for 20 rounds. I do a lot of predator hunting. If I sell one coyote that's anywhere from $15 to $30. So one to three bullets out of that box of ammo hitting something gives me my money back. If that money doesn't come back to me by squeezing that trigger I ain't foolin with it.
                      This ^.
                      I'm still buying what I like, when I can find it.

Comment

Without ammo its a club.....

Comment

At the Port Arthur gun show today, 7.62x39 steel case Wolf was $1,000 for 1,000 round case. $150 case of ammo for $1,000 seems to be a stretch. I didn’t see a anyone eyeballing it.......

Comment

Saw this one yesterday when checking prices on PRC. I figure the majority of the people that are buying at the current prices aren't actually shooting what they buy, but instead buying it in case the price continues to climb or out of fear they'll no longer be able to get it at some point. That said, the amount of unspent ammunition in the market right now has to be incredible. At some point people will realize they probably didn't need everything they bought and the prices will hopefully come crashing back down. We saw the same thing (albeit on a much smaller scale) after the Sandy Hook shooting, AR and mags went through the roof and were nowhere to be found, but then a few months later people who bought all those guns had bills to pay and the market was flooded with AR15's which eventually drove the price down below that it ever had been.
                            Last edited by kae006; 12-01-2022, 01:54 PM.

Comment

Here in s. A. If your willing to stand in line early at academys on truck days you can pick up ammo at reasonable price. Snl just picked me up some 300bo 110 vmax. Other day some 30-06 hornady superformance, 9mm, 6.5 grendel eld

Comment

Working...
                              X