No announcement yet.

Walker Game Ear

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have the older individual hearing aid style that used to be Sport Ears. I have had them for a little over 7 years and love them. Can’t compare them to the Howard Leight as I have never used them, but I like them better than the Walker muffs purely on comfort. Sound seems better and the noise canceling is great.

Comment

Originally posted by cbarnes View Post
      I have the older individual hearing aid style that used to be Sport Ears. I have had them for a little over 7 years and love them. Can’t compare them to the Howard Leight as I have never used them, but I like them better than the Walker muffs purely on comfort. Sound seems better and the noise canceling is great.
      Nice I'll give them a shot.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Artemiz View Post
        Do you have any firsthand experience with these? I saw them on FB and I'm intrigued but skeptical given my past experience with the Walker Razor neckband.

How do they compare vs the Howard Leight sound amplification ear muffs?
        I have not used them, but two friends bought them and returned them after one trip. Feedback was terrible and didn’t reduce noise adequately.

Comment

Be careful with the razor neckband unit. The foam plug became separated from the plastic base while it was inside my ear. It was way deep in there and had a terrible feeling as I could feel it going deeper into my ear canal. I had to go to the ER to get removed. Those foam caps are garbage and can separate from the plastic tip. You have been warned

Comment

Originally posted by GA Bowhunter View Post
            That's an understatement. I hate mine.
            Ya, it’s not forgiving if you forgot to wear plugs.

Comment

I have 2 in the ear Walkers, wear them all hunting season and they work great. I have the HD versions. Allows me to hear distant elk bugles and talk via whisper with my spouse while hunting together. They have lots of adjustment to them for sound and work fine when rifle hunting cutting the muzzle blast. I can get a few days out of each battery with all day use.
              I wear 2 as wearing one makes it hard to determine where a sound is coming from.

Comment

I have a pair of Walker Razers that work well expect I can’t tell what direction the sound comes from. If can hear a buck grunt or a distant shot and have no clue where it came from. Anyone have success with electronic hearing protection and allows you to tell the direction of sounds ?

Comment

Originally posted by LouisianaExpat View Post
                  I have a pair of Walker Razers that work well expect I can’t tell what direction the sound comes from. If can hear a buck grunt or a distant shot and have no clue where it came from. Anyone have success with electronic hearing protection and allows you to tell the direction of sounds ?
                  Nothing can do that. Any sound goes to a microphone which is then piped into a internal speaker.

I was actually thinking about this over the past week. It's amazing how God created us to not only hear a sound, but perceive the direction and judge distance in a matter of seconds.

If a mechanical device existed that could do that, you would have to spend so much money on it, you wouldn't buy it lol.

Comment

Working...
                  X