Walker Game Ear

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Walker Game Ear

Had an older one. It broke. Offered 40% off but not sure if I want to buy again. Anyone have one of the newer ones? Do you like it?

Thanks

I have the walker razors and I love them. Beat them to hell and back and they’re all (I have three pairs) still going strong. I also have the walker silencer 2.0 game ears and aside from having to change the battery they’re also great.

Don’t know if that helps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

I have one that is 4 or 5 years old. It is the ear muff type. I love it and my wife loves hers as well. I did buy one of the small ones that fit like hearing aids. It was worthless.

Comment

Ya that helps. I had the hearing aid and liked the concept but it sucked. Bought to pairs of Howard Leight muffs, but I’d like something smaller. I shoot a 300winmag with boss and it is loud. Don’t want plugs and don’t really like wearing muffs all the time.

Comment

So do they help enhance your hearing in the woods or are they more like ear plugs? I need something that acts like a hearing aid due to loss of hearing. Its hard for me to hear anything coming through the woods

Comment

Depends on which product. The one that looks like a hearing aid does exactly that. I use my ears a lot and I didn't like wearing plugs for that particular rifle because I felt I lost that skill. I did't use it for my bow or my other rifles, but I could see how it would be useful.

Comment

Originally posted by mmlreiner View Post
              I have the walker razors and I love them. Beat them to hell and back and they’re all (I have three pairs) still going strong. I also have the walker silencer 2.0 game ears and aside from having to change the battery they’re also great.

Don’t know if that helps.

Agree! Also have 3 pairs.

Comment

Sams Club had them few weeks back for $30 bucks. I bought a pair they're the older non bluetooth style.

Comment

I bought the silencers a few months ago and have been very impressed. They work great

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Just for comparison, my silencers not only enhance sound around me, when I benchrest my APR 6.5 PRC with a break (it sounds like a dang cannon!) they suppress the percussion perfectly. You just have to make sure to use the appropriate size ear pieces and allow them to properly seat inside the ear canal.

Comment

Check out Axil, https://buyaxil.com/?utm_term=axil&u...xoCP9IQAvD_BwE

Comment

Just bought some Walkers for around $120 if I remember right. You do have to use hearing aid batteries, they are not rechargeable.
                        I bought them because the 458 socom was blowing my ears out shooting in the brush and under the trees at hogs. The enhancement is great for my left ear which really can tell they are on. My right ear can't tell much difference but when you shoot, the blast is blocked out and wonderful. Like anything they feel awkward at first but after a half hour I kind of forget they were there. I like them a lot, makes my hunting experience much better!

Comment

Originally posted by niceg3s View Post
                          I shoot a 300winmag with boss and it is loud.
                          That's an understatement. I hate mine.

Comment

I have both Walker Razor and the Howard Leight sound amplification hearing protection muffs. I like the Howard Leight a lot better because it preserves sound direction whereas the Walker Razor sounds like mono vs stereo.

I tried a buddy's Walker Razor neck band and the sound amplification sucks compared to the muffs. It barely gets you back to normal hearing levels whereas the muffs allow you to pick up squirrels at 100 yards.

I'm curious about the earbuds and wonder if they perform better than the neck bands.

Comment

Originally posted by cbarnes View Post
                              Do you have any firsthand experience with these? I saw them on FB and I'm intrigued but skeptical given my past experience with the Walker Razor neckband.

How do they compare vs the Howard Leight sound amplification ear muffs?

Comment

Working...
                              X