Scammers and the elderly

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Scammers and the elderly

Watch over your elderly parents and make sure they're not getting scammed on the internet. They got my mother-in-law for $5,800. They pray upon their emotions and their faith. Luckily we discovered it before the next phase of the scam. They were about to get all she had.

Sent from my SM-J737A using Tapatalk

Dam, those people need to be water boarded. I'm glad they didn't take her for everything.

Comment

I know I keep telling my mom DO NOT GIVE ANYONE MONEY! They try all the time.

Comment

People like that should have there hands cut off.

Comment

Mind sharing how they got her?

Comment

Originally posted by perow View Post
            Mind sharing how they got her?
            FB then text until they convinced her to send money. Just praying on their trusting nature.

Comment

Are you sure it was a scam?

Comment

Originally posted by Traildust View Post
                Are you sure it was a scam?
                Is that a serious question. Yes we are sure. SMH

Comment

Originally posted by kruppa24 View Post
                  people like that should have there head cut off.
                  fify

Comment

Originally posted by Hoggslayer View Post
                    Is that a serious question. Yes we are sure. SMH

Well, your description was so vague....it could been the NRA, a political think tank, The Humane Society or a sandy wanting to lower your cc interest rate.

Smh.

Comment

Originally posted by Traildust View Post
                      Well, your description was so vague....it could been the NRA, a political think tank, The Humane Society or a sandy wanting to lower your cc interest rate.

Smh.
                      My description was vague for a reason. Sorry you needed the details before you believed me and took heed.

Comment

Went through this with my dad, they never got anything but it's funny back in the day he would never fall for their crap but when he got old things change. So be on guard watch out for your parents.

Comment

The biggest scam is on TV all day long. Sign up with us for Medicare supplement insurance and we will get you: glasses, dental, rides to the DR, food and it is zero cost to you and it will save you $120.00 a month.
                          There are 2 Medicare supplement policies available. One covers the 20% that Medicare does not pay for major events and the other gets you a pair of glasses this year.
                          You can not have both.
                          I have thought long and hard about who pays for Grannies glasses and it is Humana and BC&BS. It is way cheaper to spend a couple of grand a year on Grannie and dodge a $200.000.00 end of life bill.
                          It's freaking evil.............
                          So Grandmom signs up with the glasses policy and catches cancer and when she dies her estate owes the DR's $200,000.00.
                          Terrible, and on TV all day long...........
                          Last edited by Johnny Dangerr; 01-30-2020, 09:06 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny Dangerr View Post
                            The biggest scam is on TV all day long. Sign up with us for Medicare supplement insurance and we will get you: glasses, dental, rides to the DR, food and it is zero cost to you and it will save you $120.00 a month.
                            There are 2 Medicare supplement policies available. One covers the 20% that Medicare does not pay for major events and the other gets you a pair of glasses this year.
                            You can not have both.
                            I have thought long and hard about who pays for Grannies glasses and it is Humana and BC&BS. It is way cheaper to spend a couple of grand a year on Grannie and dodge a $200.000.00 end of life bill.
                            It's freaking evil.............
                            So Grandmom signs up with the glasses policy and catches cancer and when she dies her estate owes the DR's $200,000.00.
                            Terrible, and on TV all day long...........
                            Yep, and law enforcement can't do anything because grandma still knows what day it is and what city she lives in. It's not predatory unless dementia is diagnosed.

Comment

When my grandmother was still alive my dad had to tell her every day to not believe anyone who called her. She was getting called with every scam in the book after my grandfather died.

Comment

Working...
                              X