Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where to Buy half an Organic Grass Fed Steer?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where to Buy half an Organic Grass Fed Steer?

Long story short, I have had to make a big diet change due to some fun autoimmune diseases. I'm having trouble sourcing enough high quality, lower fat protein without spending 10-15 dollars a pound. Grass fed beef or pork is pricey at the store!

I grew up chopping up deer and elk, and figure butchering half a cow can't be THAT hard, right? I'm not scared of a long *** day of chopping and wrapping. Just wondering if anyone has a line on a good source. I absolutely want it organic and grass fed. Thanks in advance!

I have grass fed beef on the hoof that I would sell. You would have to have it killed or your could do it all your self. This is the cheapest way to do it. When do you want one?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Trumpkin View Post
      Long story short, I have had to make a big diet change due to some fun autoimmune diseases. I'm having trouble sourcing enough high quality, lower fat protein without spending 10-15 dollars a pound. Grass fed beef or pork is pricey at the store!

I grew up chopping up deer and elk, and figure butchering half a cow can't be THAT hard, right? I'm not scared of a long *** day of chopping and wrapping. Just wondering if anyone has a line on a good source. I absolutely want it organic and grass fed. Thanks in advance!
      PM sent

Comment

Bob G has a couple he is getting ready to butcher!

I’ll send you a PM

Comment

You can probably find a yearling coming off oats in a month or two for about 1k. I would not buy an animal out of someone’s pasture and expect it to be worth a ****

Comment

Don’t get one that’s been on Rye Grass.

Comment

Originally posted by BRANDW View Post
              Don’t get one that’s been on Rye Grass.
              Care to elaborate on that?

Thanks for the PM's guys, responded!

Comment

All cows are grass fed so not sure what organic grass fed means. OP do you mean Grass Finished? Also when you say organic, do you mean raised on a certified organic pasture? So you want it raised and finished on a certified organic pasture?

True Organic pasture raised and finished steers are going to be expensive if not then you are not getting certified organic grass finished beef. There is a reason its expensive at the stores.

Comment

Originally posted by cowman View Post
                  All cows are grass fed so not sure what organic grass fed means. OP do you mean Grass Finished? Also when you say organic, do you mean raised on a certified organic pasture? So you want it raised and finished on a certified organic pasture?

True Organic pasture raised and finished steers are going to be expensive if not then you are not getting certified organic grass finished beef. There is a reason its expensive at the stores.
                  ^^^ This.

Comment

The family of a guy that works for me does it near Canton. I know they used to sell to Whole Foods and it was certified organic. It was very good but also very very high.

Comment

I have heard good things about these guys..

Comment

You can just buy you one out of someones pasture for grass fed. Beef really needs to hang in cooler to let emzines start breaking muscle down. Not going to be very tender though if its been running around in the pasture.

Comment

I’m getting ready to post up several half wagyu steers that have not yet been finished out. We’re finishing one for ourselves right now. Shoot me a message if interested.

Comment

Working...
                          X