Tankless water heater?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tankless water heater?

I know it has been discussed before, but the search function does not work on this PC. I think I'm not too far from needing a water heater for the house and I'm kicking around the idea of tankless. We hardly ever run hot water through more than one line at a time. Our water heater is in the garage and in this cooler weather, it just keeps cycling on and of even when not in use. What do y'all think for a pretty normal house? 2 1/2 baths and the usual washing machine, dishwasher, etc.. What GPM? It is natural gas also.

Tankless water heater?

We have a tankless and love it

It does take a few minutes for hot water to reach the other side of the house though

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

When is the last time you drained/ flushed the sediment??

How old is your current heater??

Ever replaced elements??

All these things will extend the life of a water heater. May give you a few more years.

Comment

Tagged.

Wife and I have been in our house 18 months now (new build). We love our tankless water heater, but haven’t touched it as far as maintenance. I’m curious what’s required, if anything.

Comment

Do it! I have a rinnai sensei and love it. Just make sure you have a good softener in place as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Buckshot-73 View Post
            When is the last time you drained/ flushed the sediment??

How old is your current heater??

Ever replaced elements??

All these things will extend the life of a water heater. May give you a few more years.
            Current one is somewhere around 18 years old and is gas. From what I've read, I'm concerned about the supply line. The house was built back in the early 90's.

Comment

Proper sizing depends on max flow required and minimum incoming water temp. Many of the water heater companies have charts online for this.

Go gas if at all possible

Comment

We love ours. We have the Richmond 199,000 BTU from Menards. The 199,000 is probably overkill for just us two. There are a lot of lower BTU models. Dang Tapatalk keeps loading my pictures sideways.[emoji3525]

Sent from my SM-G935R4 using Tapatalk

Comment

You should put a timer on your heater.

Comment

I have one at out Oklahoma property and I love it. When mine goes out here at my house I will be installing a tankless.

Comment

Rinnai or Navien hands down. We install 10 or so per month.
                      Do your homework on gas sizing, your hot water needs and vent options. Can go wrong with either brand.

Comment

Originally posted by 30-30 View Post
                        Tagged.

Wife and I have been in our house 18 months now (new build). We love our tankless water heater, but haven’t touched it as far as maintenance. I’m curious what’s required, if anything.
                        Open panel and you should see 2 shut off valves and two water hoes connectors. Use a small pump and run vinegar through the system for 30 minutes to an hour.

Just google how to do it...it's easy.

Comment

Love ours! Takes about 15 seconds to get hot at the furthest point but when it does, you notice!

Comment

yes if gas, electric isn't as efficient. May have to increase line size, then maybe not.

Comment

Originally posted by ramrod View Post
                              yes if gas, electric isn't as efficient. May have to increase line size, then maybe not.
                              This - lots of factors but tankless electric hot water heaters can pull some serious amps and may require a larger breaker and bigger power cables which can be a sizable expense if you’re paying an electrician.

Comment

Working...
                              X