Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The cheap 6.5 grendel report!!!

I got Lola’s complete upper in today!

Wanted to upgrade her into some insurance energy since she can handle the recoil. She’s been nothing short of perfect with the wylde. Everything is drt or less than 40 yards... but there’s never a trail. Usually a pass through but never a trail. I was afraid she wouldn’t like the recoil. Then I shot one... same as the .223!

Bear Creek Armory had a sale on complete uppers, floated hand guard everything... $258. Sure I’ll try it. I figured “minute of beer can” or so.

I’m not “shooter” by any means, I bow hunt and kill hogs and tournaments with ar. Shot 2... adjusted... shot 2.... adjusted this is shots 6-10 off a field pod @ 100 and one knee.... for $258!
    Attached Files

Thas good stuff right there

Comment

And best part... I can leave my thermal on my wylde and her ziess on the grendel and not have to check zero as often (always within a click or 2 at most

Comment

I've had fairly good luck with my BCA 300BO.

Comment

I've also had great luck with Bear Creek Uppers. Fit and finish is pretty dang good and I can't make mine not go bang. Only thing I've noticed is around he backside of the feed ramps it is a little rough.

Comment

That’ll hunt!

Comment

Guess I'm ordering a 450 bushmaster upset from them. Glad to have seem this I've been on the fence about placing ssn order with them.

Comment

Glad yours went well. Mine sprayed a pie plate size at 50yds. Put a new ARP barrel on it now it’s less than an inch at 100yds.

Comment

Originally posted by bowaddict40 View Post
                  Glad yours went well. Mine sprayed a pie plate size at 50yds. Put a new ARP barrel on it now it’s less than an inch at 100yds.
                  What length?

Comment

Originally posted by Low Fence View Post
                    What length?
                    18”

Comment

Originally posted by bowaddict40 View Post
                      18”
                      This ones a 1:8 20” heavy barrel. I don’t know enough about them to know if that makes any difference or not

Comment

Originally posted by Low Fence View Post
                        This ones a 1:8 20” heavy barrel. I don’t know enough about them to know if that makes any difference or not

Mine is a 1/8 as well.

Comment

I have read a lot of reviews that BCA is crap. This is the first time I have seen positive things being said about them. Not saying yall are wrong, just interesting to find some folks that like them as much as yall.

My take on it is the round is made to drive tacks at extremely long distances, say 1,000 yards, so why limit what the round can do with inferior parts on the rifle?

The frugal side of me is tagging because I would like to hear more. I stated about 6 months ago I would like to build one, but life got busy and I haven't started.

Comment

Like I stated I don’t gun hunt. This is for my now 8yo daughter. To take her from a max 50 yard gun to a 100 yard gun with some built in insurance

If I wanted to shoot 1000 yards I would knowingly be preparing to spend more than $250 ... it did what I wanted to and more.

Gun is topped with a ziess conquest 3x9-40. I honestly think that makes as much difference as spending $600 on an upper and putting a $200 or less glass with Amazon rings on it (just a theory... cause I don’t gun hunt)

I might buy another and it be horrible. But the 3 people I know that have them and are “shooters” all said it should shoot 1.5” minimum (theirs did)

Comment

Hell I can’t get that out of my 12” Ballistic Advantage.

Comment

Working...
                              X