.350 Remington Magnum...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

.350 Remington Magnum...

Anyone have one? How's it shoot? I don't know why, but I want one.

I have one in a 700 but I don’t recall shooting it since I was a kid (grandfather’s gun). I didn’t care for it much then. :-). If you want a similar round, look for a .35 Whelen.

Comment

I hve one of the 700 Classics in 350 Mag. Fun gun and I have used it on critters from Coyote to Elk, works great on all of them. 225gr Nosler partition bullet started at 2700fps is deadly.

Think of the 350 as a short action 35 Whelen. It gets no love from many gun writers who say it cannot match the 35 Whelen, even in some of the reloading manuals, then look at the data in those manuals and It meets or beats the velocity of the Whelen in their data. Some times you just have to scratch your head.

It is not a long rang gun but has plenty of thump and if you want it works out quite well with reduced loads using some .357 bullets. Killed 3 hogs with one shot a couple times once with the 225gr partition and once with a 180 gr Nosler .357 partition that was started at 2800fps.

Comment

Great round another Remington brain fart if they would have put it in the model 700 instead of the little 600/660 rifles it would have had a fighting chance.
        I agree with you kmon until you run 225 grain and larger pills.

Comment

I have a '69 700 bdl in 350 remington mag and love it. It was quite a bit ahead of it's time, that was it's only downfall.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

I've seen some 700 Classics, a 700 BDL or two and a 700 CDL on Gunbroker. I'm intrigued by it for some strange reason. What was the recoil like?

Comment

Originally posted by SabreKiller View Post
              I've seen some 700 Classics, a 700 BDL or two and a 700 CDL on Gunbroker. I'm intrigued by it for some strange reason. What was the recoil like?
              Slightly more than a .300 Win Mag.

Comment

350 rem mag was a short action magnum long before they were cool! I've killed quite a few critters with mine and it's a hammer. Recoil on mine is pretty brisk, but I do love the rifle and round. Sure wish there were more ammo choices.

Comment

I shot one of the rem. mohawks in 350. It was quite lively in that platform. Good round though.

Comment

I have one in a Model 600, and it will make you do a wheelie everytime lol.
                    It has 2x7 Leupold on it, makes a heck of a hog thumper.
                    Back when the Broseco ranch was really roaring, that little gun put in a lot of work out there!
                    My dad has also taken a couple elk with a 350, and it's bad medicine.
                    I would own 1 in a heartbeat.

Comment

Originally posted by MadHatter View Post
                      I have one in a Model 600, and it will make you do a wheelie everytime lol.
                      It has 2x7 Leupold on it, makes a heck of a hog thumper.
                      Back when the Broseco ranch was really roaring, that little gun put in a lot of work out there!
                      My dad has also taken a couple elk with a 350, and it's bad medicine.
                      I would own 1 in a heartbeat.
                      Wheelie! That's funny right there. I figured it had a pretty good pop to it in the Model 600. I was thinking a 700 might be a little better, maybe not. I'd use it for elk, but I don't foresee elk hunting in the near future. I"m sure it would be a hog hammer though. I can see it knocking a whitetail over a 5 strand barbed wire fence too!

Comment

I have been wanting one for years, just because they are different, kind of rare. My step father had one many years ago, the main think I remember about the gun, was it was loud and had a huge muzzle blast, or it seemed that way, when I was a kid. I had been around multiple other bolt action centerfire rifles at that time, none seemed to be anywhere near as loud and have near the muzzle blast.
                        The other thing that makes me like the caliber and the guns, was my stepfather hated the gun. I find he usually hated loud, hard recoiling guns. He had a 454 Casull, he only shot it when he was showing off, he did not like the recoil of a 44 Mag. so the Casull he really did not like. I loved the 454 Casull.
                        Those Remington 600s in 350 Rem. Mag., are pretty cool little rifles in my opinion. They are actually pretty powerful little cannons. I hope to get both a 6.5 Rem. Mag Remington 600 and a 350 Remington Mag. in a Remington 600.
                        Last edited by RifleBowPistol; 01-18-2020, 11:18 PM.

Comment

Working...
                        X