Home remedies for cleaning field line

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Home remedies for cleaning field line

Looking for some ideas on how to clean my grey water field line. I've got water backing up through the vent under the house. Showers, kitchen sink, bathroom lavatories, washing machine and dishwasher all drain out through this line so I'm pretty sure it's soap build up that has it clogged. 2" line that runs underground into 4 Infiltrator chambers. I've tried some of the commercial cleaners (Mr. Plumber, Drain-o, etc) to no avail.

have you tried Air pressure? Not sure how you are plumbed in, but if you can get an air hose to put some pressure to it it might help.

Since its underground, the pipe could have split due to shifting ground and roots may have it clogged.

Comment

Clr?

Comment

My first suspect would be roots

My suggestion having been there before is to call the plumber/roto rooter now before spending a bunch of money and then having to call them.

Or you can rent a powered "snake" just make sure you are wearing gloves that the cable can grab onto unless you want a broken arm

Comment

Originally posted by BTLowry View Post
          My first suspect would be roots

My suggestion having been there before is to call the plumber/roto rooter now before spending a bunch of money and then having to call them.

Or you can rent a powered "snake" just make sure you are wearing gloves that the cable can grab onto unless you want a broken arm
          Yes a plumber/ roto rooters, to fix
          Temp fix is open the line to purge it in to the yard till pro can show up

Comment

Working...
          X