Age these Axis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Age these Axis

Ok so I'm new to the exotics game, I put a trail camera out last weekend and threw out a 50lb bag of corn. I checked the trail cam and I couldn't be happier with the results. How would you age these axis bucks.

Trying to post pictures

Attached Files

Comment

More pics

Attached Files

Comment

Last one

Comment

Cool, is this on your new place near Rocksprings?

Comment

Originally posted by chrigging View Post
            Cool, is this on your new place near Rocksprings?
            Yessir

Comment

Shoot them and check the tooth wear. Nice deer!

Comment

I bet you are excited..congrats. I was there this past weekend also and the place is green!
                Looks like one or two of those axis are big enough imo.

Comment

In my opinion, none of them have reached their full potential. The deer in post #3 has some really nice brows and probably 28" beams, looks to be nearing the end of his growth cycle. Also the fact that he's a 7pt is pretty neat. If you haven't killed an axis, I'd be going after him. Good luck and congrats on the new target species, the hill country is a magical place.

Comment

Yeah i saw the first axis come into the picture and i got really excited and it was the smallest one, the biggest one i can see is on the far right in the last picture, if he gives me a chance at him ill definitely take it.

Comment

Man that's awesome. I remember the thread about the little place you all purchased. What a treat! Congrats brother. I would say a couple of them are old enough to worry about aging layin down. Good luck

Comment

None of them are mature!! Excellent young and comers but I would not shoot any of them

Those 2-3 big ones have excellent potential. You can see in their face and body that they are not mature yet.

Comment

we also got pictures of hogs whitetail and turkeys. But the axis are by far my favorite. Itll be hard to pass on that 7 point if he shows up when im there but hes the only one i would shoot at this point. Hopefully my neighbors are somewhat management minded and dont just go shoot anything that moves.

Comment

Good luck.

Comment

if you can hold off, this guy will be a bruiser.
                              he is likely 3 or 4 in this pic... you can see his face is thin and not yet mature. he will add another 25-50 lbs of muscle and another 3 to 5 inches on the beams if you can let him walk for a few more years..

Comment

Working...
                              X