No announcement yet.

NASA Perseverance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It is very cool. I heard that they were planning to send back sound from mars as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

blows my mind that man is able to do this.... wow... makes me feel very very small in the greatest of ways

Comment

Blows my mind as well. Some of the smartest folks in the world working together to get that stuff done. Amazing............ that being said, how can we get a machine onto Mars and drive it around, but we cant find a cure for Cancer ?

Comment

Originally posted by texan16 View Post
          Blows my mind as well. Some of the smartest folks in the world working together to get that stuff done. Amazing............ that being said, how can we get a machine onto Mars and drive it around, but we cant find a cure for Cancer ?
          Or something as simple as enough reliable power for the state of Texas? Things that make you say hmmm.

Comment

Originally posted by rtp View Post
            Or something as simple as enough reliable power for the state of Texas? Things that make you say hmmm.
            Cancer falls into the biological wheelhouse. There isn’t a single independent variable in non-communicable (genetic) diseases whereas physics has more straightforward approaches to solutions. Physics supersedes chemistry and chemistry supersedes biology. Depending on the condition being tackled in biology, silver bullets become difficult to develop, especially when there’s so many types of cancers.

Comment

Guess there will be Corona on Mars for the next group that shows up after China.

Comment

Originally posted by GarGuy View Post
                The China lander program was headed by a Chinese spy that worked for NASA many years. Stole ballistic missile tec and our entire mars program.
                I'd be interested in seeing the source for this. I work in the industry and all data is ITAR controlled so if it was a foreign national they should never have had the opportunity to access any data. NASA and the DoD take that stuff pretty seriously

Edit: I'll be danged. Just read the 2015 article about Rongxing Li...I'm guessing that's the guy you're talking about
                Last edited by JonBoy; 02-24-2021, 02:22 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by bear View Post
                  blows my mind that man is able to do this.... wow... makes me feel very very small in the greatest of ways
                  ^

Comment

Edit: I'll be danged. Just read the 2015 article about Rongxing Li...I'm guessing that's the guy you're talking about[/quote]

Yep that's him. He fled to China and started their Mars program.

Comment

Great, soon there will be traffic jams on Mars!

Comment

Originally posted by Chew View Post
                        I heard the China rover was made for $104.21 and ours was 3 billion.
                        Came off wish.com. they got a deal on it.

Comment

Originally posted by locolobo View Post
                          Great, soon there will be traffic jams on Mars!
                          And street racing...

Comment

Working...
                          X