Gleaton Chip Ranch Updates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

12/15/2020

We picked up 2.32 tons of cottonseed today from the Mereta Cotton Gin. It's almost double the price this year and the best price we found was just under $300/ton, but it's still a little cheaper than protein. We converted our trailer into a storage bin and purchased a HD tarp that goes over top. We will start filling up our cottonseed feeders this weekend.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Cottonseed (Large).jpg
Views:	1
Size:	215.4 KB
ID:	24639149

Comment

Great looking place.

Comment

Just found this thread. Read the first one and jumped straight to the last one. Now I’ve got to go read em all. What a beautiful place you have. Am I jealous NOPE not me. Glad God has blessed y’all with such a fine place. Congratulations

Comment

Thanks for your kind words!

Comment

Read em all last night WOW. Awesome I’ll be keeping up with this.

Comment

We planted 6 more trees and installed ooze tubes around them. We need some rain desperately!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Comment

We put out around 1,200lbs of cottonseed today. They are hammering the protein and corn right now, not much native forage to eat.

Comment

I was able to put some cages around a couple trees. Going to need to put a cage around all of them before they are growing out of the tubes.

Now it’s time to relax.

Comment

Here are some of the bucks we look forward to seeing over the next couple of years:

For 2020, we fed over 30,000lbs of protein. We really hammered the deer herd this year and will shoot all of our whitetail tags (11 doe and 5 buck) along with 4 blackbuck doe. The lack of rainfall has really caused the big increase in feed consumption. I don’t think we have gotten over 1/4-1/2in of rain in over 4 months. Hopefully we will get back on track with rain in 2021.

Comment

Great looking deer. We are feeding as much as we can to help them. It’s a race when they hear us putting out feed and when the feeders spin. Where are y’all getting your protein? Bulk? We get ours in town

Comment

Wow, goes to show that if you put time, effort and some $$$ behind a wildlife and habitat improvement plan you can change your herd.
                          Awesome to see the difference from 2015 to now.
                          I bet shed hunting is pretty good too.

Comment

We get our feed delivered from Brady Feed. We used to fill them ourselves but not we have Brady Feed fill them up which actually comes out to around the same price since we are buying in bulk instead of by the bag.

Comment

We are hoping to keep the protein amount around 20,000lbs yearly but have to get our numbers balanced first and continue to improve the habitat and receive some rainfall.

Comment

Great looking deer!

Comment

Working...
                                X