Erath Age/Score?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Erath Age/Score?

Hey y'all I'm not good at aging/scoring... so this is more practice for me.
    What's the age and score of this buck? He is camera shy...not on camera too much, but he got 5 yds from me yesterday going to a feeder. (Notice it's a feeder and not my feeder.

Secondary question...second guessing myself on the scenario I found myself in last night. He came in from behind me and jumped the fence. I'm in stand surrounded by cedars and oaks. He walked in front of me at was a chip shot at 5 yards, but due to the cedar I'm hiding in, the window for a shot was a split second. Do I try to get him to stop and draw and take a shot? Or was waiting for him to go to my feeder the right call?

I didn't want to jump him with the noise made from me drawing, so I let him walk. The problem was he went to another feeder about 300 yards away, completely walking around my feeder and my camera.
    Attached Files

3 1/2 years. 115 score

Comment

He's a good one but young.

Comment

Originally posted by Djhester View Post
        3 1/2 years. 115 score
        I was putting him at 3.5 as well.

Comment

No help on the deer, but what part of Erath county are you hunting? I'm up near Huckabay and I haven't seen squat on my game cameras this fall. Just a bunch of pigs and really young deer.

Comment

Originally posted by WBT View Post
            No help on the deer, but what part of Erath county are you hunting? I'm up near Huckabay and I haven't seen squat on my game cameras this fall. Just a bunch of pigs and really young deer.
            I'm south of Alexander off of 914. Kind of the same situation. 2 sounders of about 25, multiple other groups of pigs, a ton of young deer, and a few that would be legal bucks.

Comment

Originally posted by WBT View Post

PM sent.

Comment

His body looks like a 3yo in general, but that's a lot of tarsal staining for a 3yo. He may be a slim 4yo. In the last pic he has more of the stature of a 4yo, IMO.

Comment

Working...
                X