The boy got drawn for Albert & Bessie Kronkosky SNA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The boy got drawn for Albert & Bessie Kronkosky SNA

We are pretty excited and it's only 28 miles from the house so I get to sleep in my own bed...

Has anyone else done this hunt?

My daughter did it last year
    Shot a pig first evening and that was it
    It wasn’t very impressive
    It’s high fenced and a pretty place but the fence is more to keep cervids out

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Congrats & Good luck to your son.

Comment

My kids got drawn as well. I am hoping they can have an enjoyable hunt.

Comment

Originally posted by OldRiverRat View Post
          My daughter did it last year
          Shot a pig first evening and that was it
          It wasn’t very impressive
          It’s high fenced and a pretty place but the fence is more to keep cervids out

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
          The story of the fence is a sad one too. The state required the old lady to fence and crossfence before she could donate it. Then it was years before they allowed hunting. They are probably rolling in their grave because at one point the state was going to sell the property. My friend’s land backs up to it off of 46.

Congrats !

Comment

I am sure it will be amazing.. now I need to get the boy some more time behind the good old 30.06

Comment

My son got drawn 3-4 years ago. We were pumped, high fence and all, just had to be some great deer in there still!! Hate to be Debbie downer but we saw a group of hogs never even got close to a shot as they were educated to the max!! Corn was never touched and I don’t remember seeing even a deer track. Nobody seen a deer. Now there were arrowheads all over the place, of course we left them laying. They told us not to pick them up or take them home. The staff was awesome, food was good, the educational part was great, and we had a great time. The place was beautiful. And we didn’t pick up any arrowheads!! This was a TYHP Hunt also.

Comment

This year it's an either sex not doe or spike so it should be easier. It's going to be an amazing hunt...

Comment

I'm sure it will be a blast. Good luck to you and your son.

Comment

You may or may not see a deer out of my group last year I was the only to see deer. The first night two hogs were shot the second morning no one saw anything that afternoon right before dark I had two doe come out and shot one. No one else saw anything after the first hunt

Comment

My son was also drawn for the December hunt. I'm going to bring my rattling antlers and a decoy to hopefully help things.

Comment

Originally posted by ArcheryNerd View Post
                        We are pretty excited and it's only 28 miles from the house so I get to sleep in my own bed...

Has anyone else done this hunt?
                        Which hunt?? My son was drawn for the December hunt.

Comment

We are in the Dec 11th hunt and we live just down the road, in Bulverde. We cant hunt at the house but we have 3 acres and we are loaded up with deer so we should be in tune with what the deer are doing. It's funny the boy was sad we weren't camping but I was excited I get to sleep in my own bed. I can't wait and I am excited to see what the 9/15 draw brings

Comment

Working...
                          X