Camera for Bday gift

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Camera for Bday gift

I need some advice. We are looking for an entry level camera trying to stay under 400. Really closer to 300. We have been researching like crazy but are still unsure what to do. I see a lot of good things about Canon Rebels and also about the entry level Nikons. It is for my wife to use. She isn’t trying to get into professional photography or anything. Just something to take good pictures of the kids growing up.

What do you guys think?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nikon and Canon are both good quality brands. If you are looking for a good price on a camera I would look at KEH Camera in Georgia. You can find “like new” , “excellent” and “VG” quality camera at great prices.

This is when I purchase my camera equipment and avoid paying the high price for new equipment. Just a suggestion. Good luck.

Comment

I phone 11

Comment

Originally posted by brokeno View Post
        I phone 11

LoL, not sure that fits their target budget, but it does kill two birds with one stone

Comment

Originally posted by brokeno View Post
          I phone 11
          Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Buffalo1 View Post
            Nikon and Canon are both good quality brands. If you are looking for a good price on a camera I would look at KEH Camera in Georgia. You can find “like new” , “excellent” and “VG” quality camera at great prices.

This is when I purchase my camera equipment and avoid paying the high price for new equipment. Just a suggestion. Good luck.
            I appreciate it, will look at those as well...

I'm guessing from the other replies I am needing to up our budget a little bit...

Comment

Originally posted by Buffalo1 View Post

Also, check out Canon Direct. They have refurbish cameras and lenses. I have purchased a couple of both from them and they look and handle like new.

Comment

Thanks. Will have to check it out.

Comment

Originally posted by ejj005 View Post
                  I need some advice. We are looking for an entry level camera trying to stay under 400. Really closer to 300. We have been researching like crazy but are still unsure what to do. I see a lot of good things about Canon Rebels and also about the entry level Nikons. It is for my wife to use. She isn’t trying to get into professional photography or anything. Just something to take good pictures of the kids growing up.

What do you guys think?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey!!
                  Actually canon cameras rock.
                  I recently bought one after going through reviews and researched a lot.
                  You can see here too. It helped me a lot.
                  Not sure they allow to put the link but you must go through this link.
                  Top 36 SLR Cameras of 2023 priced between $8 - $594, rated based on Battery Efficiency, Value for Money, Picture Quality, Customer Support. Best rated SLR Cameras Rank#1 Action Camera, 4K WiFi Action Camera Ultra HD Waterproof DV Camcorder 12MP 2" LCD 170Wide-Angle Sports Camera

Thank me later

Comment

PM sent

Comment

Look into used bodies, you can score a decent setup that's a few years old for that cash.

Sony A6000
                      Fuji XT-1 (a pro-level body that's DIRT cheap now)
                      Fuji XT-10 (similar to the XT-1 but a little smaller)
                      Canon M6

I've owned all of those and they are all great bodies. My main camera is a Nikon D750 and my current secondary is the M6 and it's an awesome little camera.

Comment

Thanks everyone. I bought one from Rubicon Cowboy

Comment

Working...
                        X