Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JustinB View Post
    I guess so!

Or a game warden doing his job... idk maybe. I have been checked by all types jerks, entitled and he has always been really nice when he checks me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by CrossTimbers View Post
      Just read the old news articles on this, what a ****** canoe. This guy should have lost his job at the least.
      Where can I find the story ? [emoji848][emoji102][emoji102][emoji102]

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

Comment

My brother was duck hunting there at a walk in spot. Basically strip searched him and made him take off waders and jacket. My brother was all legal along with his steel shot empties and unshot steel shells. This clown tells my brother that he had found lead empties in the past around the area where my brother was hunting and trying to pin it on my brother. The guy was being belligerent and accusatory towards my bro about it. Real piece of work. But no surprise he got caught hunting illegally out there, fits his MO. I dont get how he kept his job let alone be featured on a nationally syndicated program. What a clown. He took an oath to uphold the game laws of texas. Class act, jack leg

Comment

Originally posted by ArcheryAssassin View Post
          Where can I find the story ? [emoji848][emoji102][emoji102][emoji102]

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk
          On a late December evening in 2013, Texas Parks and Wildlife Game Warden Chris Fried was bowhunting from a tree stand in the vast Cooper Wildlife Management Area, about 70 miles northeast of Dallas, …

Comment

Originally posted by Jake83 View Post
            Or a game warden doing his job... idk maybe. I have been checked by all types jerks, entitled and he has always been really nice when he checks me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
            He was friendly. Never said he wasn't. It was just.....odd.

Comment

New to Texas Whitetail hunting...trying to figure out what the difference is between game management hunting and other hunts in this area. Saw game management is $130 if you draw...but the other is $80...why the difference? Is it just the fact you don't have to use your regular tags?

Comment

Originally posted by Mustang6867 View Post
                New to Texas Whitetail hunting...trying to figure out what the difference is between game management hunting and other hunts in this area. Saw game management is $130 if you draw...but the other is $80...why the difference? Is it just the fact you don't have to use your regular tags?

On the TPW hunts the more days usually gets the higher cost.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by bmac View Post
                  On the TPW hunts the more days usually gets the higher cost.

Gotcha - I assume these types of hunts are also non-guided, so standard hunting tactics, scout, cameras, time in a stand etc...

Comment

Gotcha - I assume these types of hunts are also non-guided, so standard hunting tactics, scout, cameras, time in a stand etc...

Varies by area, but you don’t get your assigned area until day of hunt so hard to scout a whole area beforehand. Some are assigned blinds and some are compartments. The longer hunts compartment you might scout a half day, but the short ones you only get an evening, a day, and a morning so you better work fast.

Comment

For Cooper you can bow hunt with just the Annual Public Hunting Permit. They close the area for the drawn hunts that you are pricing.

Comment

I got selected for the gun deer antlerless/spike Nov 28-30. Just wondering if the meat hunt will be worth it?

Sent from my moto e5 cruise using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by gemini2759 View Post
                          I got selected for the gun deer antlerless/spike Nov 28-30. Just wondering if the meat hunt will be worth it?

If you like deer meat it should be.

Comment

Originally posted by NelsonV View Post
                            If you like deer meat it should be.

Love my venison, but wondering the chances of seeing deer. I'm also seeing it gets hunted hard with bow.

Comment

Originally posted by BPurvisJr View Post
                              this will be the first time hunting it. From what i can tell, it has been bow only for quite some time now.
                              It is and has been bow only. There are some quality deer up they did a lot of clear cutting 10 years or so ago and the new growth is crap you cant walk through in a lot of the areas. If you park at the dam, you can hunt all the way up to the Red River!

Comment

Originally posted by SabineHunter View Post
                                You were probably hunting his area. LOL.
                                No joke! I've heard LOT's of shady business about that guy and seen some of it.

Comment

Working...
                                X