Suppressor components?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SC-Texas View Post
    I have had the batfe visit clients who ordered solvent trap parts kits off ebay.

They also wanted the NaPA oil filters that he ordered

I have had them visit people and seize solvent trap kits they bought from a local solvent trap dealer that they shut down. They were running email contacts. Receipts and credit card history.

These parts were undrilled solvent trap parts.

The Form 1 Mafia does a lot of things right. But they give terrible advice when it comes to the possession of unregistered silencers and parts.

Sent from my SM-N976V using Tapatalk
    I thought you could have parts with out a form 1 as long as they weren’t modified I.e drilled ect

Comment

Originally posted by BLACKFINTURKEY View Post
      I thought you could have parts with out a form 1 as long as they weren’t modified I.e drilled ect
      Suppressor parts are illegal.

Whether it's an oil filter, a metal solvent cup, choirboy brass cleaning pads, a metal tube threaded on bith ends, etc.

If you intend to make a silencer with it or have a combination of said parts . . . . .

When I met agents they had my guy's purchase records from the shop and his eBay purchase records. They even wanted the NaPA fuel or oil filters.

They aren't stupid

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Comment

Its perfectly legal to purchase a solvent trap and solvent trap parts... If I change my mind and want to modify them you have to get an approved Form 1. Suppressor parts are illegal but they are not parts to a suppressor unless they are suppressing.
        Last edited by ClearcreekDC; 09-24-2019, 09:52 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ClearcreekDC View Post
          Its perfectly legal to purchase a solvent trap and solvent trap parts... If I change my mind and want to modify them you have to get an approved Form 1. Suppressor parts are illegal but they are not parts to a suppressor unless they are suppressing.
          Yeah . . . . Good luck with that. The ATF agents aren't stupid. They show up with your social media posts and this post in this thread. . . . . Yep. Just some old solvent parts . . .bought from a solvent parts dealer who is being prosecuted for . . . Get this . . . Selling silencer parts . . .

Comment

Thanks for posting Mr. Cody, I had no idea BATF was cracking down on this. I will stop erroneously telling people to go that route. The “cups” screwed that deal up IMO.

I do have a question though, if solvent trap parts are illegal, shouldn’t adj butt stocks be as well since they can easily be converted to slide fire therefore making a machine gun?

Comment

Oh crap, I hope I don’t get arrested for changing the oil in my truck or owning a bunch of maglites!!

Comment

Originally posted by TacticalCowboy View Post
                Oh crap, I hope I don’t get arrested for changing the oil in my truck or owning a bunch of maglites!!
                That was the joke when the atf ruled that chore boy brass pads were suppressor parts.

The Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives Firearms Technology Branch has deemed “Chore Boy copper cleaning pads, along with fiberglass insulation,” a firearm, subject to registration and a $200 transfer tax, an official letter obtained recently by Gun Rights Examiner reveals.

Comment

Yeah . . . . Good luck with that. The ATF agents aren't stupid. They show up with your social media posts and this post in this thread. . . . . Yep. Just some old solvent parts . . .bought from a solvent parts dealer who is being prosecuted for . . . Get this . . . Selling silencer parts . . .

Honest question here: how are they supposed to prosecute someone for some pieces of metal that “could” be assembled into a suppressor? Like maglites, oil filters, fuel filters, pieces of steel tubing roughly 1” diameter and 10” long, freeze plugs, etc. Everything I just listed is not illegal to own by itself or collectively, correct? The crime begins when you assemble (or prepare) the parts into a suppressor without permission from the almighty government, would it not? Otherwise it would seem as though every O’reilleys in the nation would be involved in selling “suppressor parts”.

Things are not adding up for me in this equation.

Comment

Honest question here: how are they supposed to prosecute someone for some pieces of metal that “could” be assembled into a suppressor? Like maglites, oil filters, fuel filters, pieces of steel tubing roughly 1” diameter and 10” long, freeze plugs, etc. Everything I just listed is not illegal to own by itself or collectively, correct? The crime begins when you assemble (or prepare) the parts into a suppressor without permission from the almighty government, would it not? Otherwise it would seem as though every O’reilleys in the nation would be involved in selling “suppressor parts”.

Things are not adding up for me in this equation.
                    Its intent. Posts on social media i.e. this thread. Text messages and emails discussing how to build a silencer. Searches on building a silencer.

Purchasing solvent trap kits. Seriously, they really aren't as stupid as you think they are.

And when they show up and ask for the parts. You give it to them because it costs more to fight it.

It's the intent to use them as a silencer part and that's usually easy enough to infer and infer they can.

Comment

It’s best to simply file a Form1, wait the 20 to 40 days for approval, wait a few more weeks to receive the stamp in the mail, hold stamp in hand, then order/make your parts. I got my approval email about 10days ago, but I haven’t even thought about collecting, buying or making parts yet. I want that piece of paper in hand first before beginning the process of building. Just my dos centavos.

Comment

Originally posted by joel45acp View Post
                        It’s best to simply file a Form1, wait the 20 to 40 days for approval, wait a few more weeks to receive the stamp in the mail, hold stamp in hand, then order/make your parts. I got my approval email about 10days ago, but I haven’t even thought about collecting, buying or making parts yet. I want that piece of paper in hand first before beginning the process of building. Just my dos centavos.
                        If you did the Efile Form 1, you won't get an actual stamp, FYI. You just print the approval form with the scan of the actual stamp. So no need to wait after the email.

Comment

Its intent. Posts on social media i.e. this thread. Text messages and emails discussing how to build a silencer. Searches on building a silencer.

Purchasing solvent trap kits. Seriously, they really aren't as stupid as you think they are.

And when they show up and ask for the parts. You give it to them because it costs more to fight it.

It's the intent to use them as a silencer part and that's usually easy enough to infer and infer they can.

Not saying you’re wrong, but that’s BS.

Comment

Originally posted by joel45acp View Post
                            You are going to be waiting a while if you efiled. They only send an attachment to your email upon approval. Print it. I keep a copy in my truck and at my home at all times.
                            Last edited by ClearcreekDC; 09-25-2019, 07:03 AM.

Comment

Not saying you’re wrong, but that’s BS.
                              I am right
                              As are you. Its BS

Comment

My buddy at our local gun store said a guy told him the ATF came to his house looking for the auto sear keychain he bought online. Had the transaction details in hand when they knocked on his door. They are definitely paying attention to people.

Comment

Working...
                                X