Fly fishing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fly fishing

Is there any groups, association etc... in the central texas area for fly fishing? Good sights to visit? Im just getting back into and have the bug.

Thanks,

Brokenbow lake year round and you have a few good months left at Canyon lake area. If you wanna make a great trip head to the San Juan in the 4 corners area.

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk

Comment

I used to be big into texaskayakfisherman.com and we’d have meet and greets, fly swaps and stuff like that. Great group of folks but I haven’t been on in years. May be a good place to start though.

Comment

Join over 5,500 of our Texas-based chapter members in conservation, fly fishing and educational activities.

Fishing reports for Central Texas Rivers. The Colorado River, Guadalupe River, San Marcos River and the llano River. Fishing near Austin, San Marcos, San Antonio, New Braunfels, and Bastrop.

Comment

This week’s podcast is about a relatively rare but also easily accessible fly-rod fish—the Guadaloupe bass. I was lucky enough to get Alvin Dedeaux of All Water Guides to talk about these interesting members of the bass/sunfish . . .

Alvin starts about halfway thru.

Comment

I have been bitten pretty bad for about a year now, and so far pond fish have been my main quarry. I did fish Richland-Chambers reservoir for sandbass last season some and if you can catch them during the summer chasing shad it can be entertaining. Also late evenings I have found can be good for nymph fishing catfish. Though I am told they will eat larger crawfish type patterns as well.
            Glad you started the thread, hope more chime in.

Comment

Central Texas Fly Fishers - http://www.ctff.org/

Comment

Thanks for all the info i found a few members of the central texas fly fishers and going to check on others... i caught a lot of good hybrids at river 23 plus inches and a 5 plus black and tons of whites so far all on my 5wt.. starting to tie my own today.. a buddy has enough flies for 50 people so he gives me all sorts of things

Comment

Pics

There is 4 tables like this.. crazy
                  Attached Files

Comment

Hybrid

24 inch hybrid
                    Attached Files

Comment

Bass
                      Attached Files

Comment

Post some pics we need a good fly fishing thread

Comment

Living Waters Fly Shop in Round Rock does events quite often and has a guide service.

Comment

Yes i like living waters been there a few times.. thanks for the reply

Comment

Originally posted by Ghillie up View Post
                              Post some pics we need a good fly fishing thread
                              Guess you haven’t seen the “does anyone here fly fish” thread here?

Lots and lots of pages on fly fishing

Comment

Working...
                              X