No announcement yet.

Sick, Just Old, or Both?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I should have been more clear about this, but both hips look like this. Initially we also thought he had dislocated his left hip or something. Then we got pics of his other side, and noticed how his spine was protruding, too. I don't have a great pic of the other side, but you can see his right hip sticking up in this bedded pic.

Click image for larger version

Name:	HUNT0859_crop_Nov_2015_TBH.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	115.3 KB
ID:	24461235

Comment

In the last pic posted just now, his spine has a bit of a dip in it right before his rear end. Does it look like that to anybody else?

Comment

Old

Comment

No telling. Might have an internal injury that's slowly killing him over time

Comment

Might want to get with TPWD and see what they think Could be CWD

Comment

Originally posted by texan4ut View Post
              Might want to get with TPWD and see what they think Could be CWD
              CWD kills much quicker than this.

Comment

Originally posted by kurt68 View Post
                In the last pic posted just now, his spine has a bit of a dip in it right before his rear end. Does it look like that to anybody else?
                I do see that dip now that you pointed it out. Might be something, but if you look at this year's pic he has generalized muscle atrophy and not just beyond that point. Could still be something though.

Comment

His teeth are probably ground down and can't eat like he used to.

Comment

I bet he is really old

Comment

Originally posted by kurt68 View Post
                      That's partly the natural curve of the spine, with the muscular decline it accentuates the dip, the full round look to a deers rump is mostly muscle definition.

Comment

I would shoot him. Cut off his antlers for rattling horns and disinfect them (just in case.) Since there is no meat and he might be sick, drag him out in an opening and hunt coyotes!

Comment

I think that deer is older than you originally guessed him. The second pic from Sept.2014 looks like he is already post-mature. Old and his teeth are worn out.

Comment

Old

Comment

I say you don't need to let him get any older. Time to cull.

Comment

Originally posted by kruppa24 View Post
                                I say you don't need to let him get any older. Time to cull.
                                Oh, we've wanted to shoot him for a while, but like I said as far as we know, no one has seen him in person.

Comment

Working...
                                X