AR Barrel Swap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AR Barrel Swap

Quick question, if I have a 10.5" 7.62 x 39 upper and want to swap the barrel for 5.56, do I only need the barrel and muzzle device or do I need the gas block and tube as well?

Thanks,
    Brian

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Barrel, bolt, muzzle device. You would only have to change the gas block if the diameter at the gas block is different and only have to change the gas tube if the gas system length is different.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
      Barrel, bolt, muzzle device. You would only have to change the gas block if the diameter at the gas block is different and only have to change the gas tube if the gas system length is different.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
      Thanks for that info. I have a BCG already. I will find out but I think the block os .75" and pistol length tube so I should be good with those. I will dig a little more when Im not at work to see what I have.

Comment

Originally posted by nairb2580 View Post
        Thanks for that info. I have a BCG already. I will find out but I think the block os .75" and pistol length tube so I should be good with those. I will dig a little more when Im not at work to see what I have.

BCG for 7.62 will not work with .223/556

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

Comment

Yes sir. I have a 5.56 BCG.

Comment

Originally posted by nairb2580 View Post

You will need a carbine length gas tube for the 5.56

Comment

Originally posted by Clay C View Post
              You will need a carbine length gas tube for the 5.56
              Unfortunately the upper has been discontinued and the info is no longer available but looking at some that are comparable it most likely has the carbine length gas system. Still dont see any info on the gas block size. I may just get a new block and tube to be on the safe side. They arent too expensive I dont believe.

Comment

Working...
              X