Panhandle sandhill crane with duck/goose hunt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I’m looking for recs or references for a sandhill crane hunt up in the panhandle. Would also like to shoot a few ducks or geese while I’m there.

Thanks!

Man the best guy I’ve ever know of up there passed away suddenly last year. But black foot guide service (who he worked for at the time) was always great up there and I think sea to sky outfitters did or may still do hunts. The guy that passed away was one of the owners I believe. Best dang dog I’ve had the pleasure seeing work and Johnny was a hell of a goose caller. Shot 57 geese before the sun broke the horizon and killed a pile of cranes in a milo field. 20 cranes with 7 hunters. The geese was with 10 hunters. 50 lessers and 7 snows.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Call Dane Swinburn at Tule Creek Guide service. He can do everything you just asked for and do pheasant hunting as well. Dane is on my deer lease. He is a great guy and will bust his tail to put you on birds. He has a great lodge as well.

Comment

Originally posted by talltexasshoote View Post
        Call Dane Swinburn at Tule Creek Guide service. He can do everything you just asked for and do pheasant hunting as well. Dane is on my deer lease. He is a great guy and will bust his tail to put you on birds. He has a great lodge as well.

Yep, Dane is the man.

Comment

Mid-tex

Comment

Michael, I grew up with Dane's oldest brother, Chad. I've hunted with Dane. He's got tons of land, lots of birds, great dogs, and he's a great guy to hunt with. If you need a couple more to fill a group, give me a shout. I need to take Zach to hunt all those birds this fall too.

Comment

+1 for Tule Creek. We had two days of 11 man limits. Absolute **** show in the best way!!!

Comment

X4 on Dane

Comment

Sounds like Dane has it going on.

When is the best time to go?

Comment

Cadillac Creek Outfitters

Comment

Thanks for the recs everyone!

Originally posted by Shane View Post
                      Michael, I grew up with Dane's oldest brother, Chad. I've hunted with Dane. He's got tons of land, lots of birds, great dogs, and he's a great guy to hunt with. If you need a couple more to fill a group, give me a shout. I need to take Zach to hunt all those birds this fall too.
                      Sounds good, I’ll let you know!

Comment

If you’d rather stay a little closer as in Lubbock go with Final Descent. They have a handle on Lubbock. I’ve never not killed a limit of birds hunting with them the last 5 years.

Comment

In Lubbock, Dust Devil Outfitters will put you on the birds too!

Comment

Final Descent Guide Services
                            Wolfforth, TX
                            (806) 224-3003
                            Last edited by Jzoch; 06-18-2021, 08:47 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Jzoch View Post
                              Final Descent Guide Services
                              Wolfforth, TX
                              (806) 224-3003
                              This is the group that I've always heard was best. My son's high school buddy guides for them, and they had some great hunts last year.

Comment

Working...
                              X