Great...Carpel Tunnel Syndrome

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great...Carpel Tunnel Syndrome

Well, I’ve had this for about 15 years and have been able to fight through it but it has the upper hand on me now! I’m right handed and it doesn’t bother me when I draw back my bow but I can’t use it much for anything else. I have had many, many surgeries in my life included having both of my knees totally replaced at the same time and i didn’t even blink an eye about having any of them but this has me a bit concerned.

I have been very bad at not following through with therapy after surgeries and I just get back after it ASAP but I know that those days are gone and I have to take this more seriously! How much down time am I looking at? I’ve been told 2 weeks but I don’t want to tear it up...

Try to hold back on the perverted comments

Had it in both hand. My hand would literally go to sleep while trying to write. The right hand was much much worse. The left was done in 1989 while the right didn’t become a problem until 2014.
    The right hand would wake me up on fire all hours of the night. Really bad. It will take a while to be back 100%.

Comment

Originally posted by Hogmauler View Post
      Had it in both hand. My hand would literally go to sleep while trying to write. The right hand was much much worse. The left was done in 1989 while the right didn’t become a problem until 2014.
      The right hand would wake me up on fire all hours of the night. Really bad. It will take a while to be back 100%.
      I have it in both wrists also but my right burns all of the time and it does wake me up too!

Comment

Both my hands were pretty bad. 80% in the right hand and 60% in the left. Since my surgery’s they have been great. On the left hand, it was 2 weeks of down time and then back to work but it was around 4-5 weeks before I could pull the clutch in on my Harley enough to go for a ride.
        The right hand was a different story. I had let it go too long before having surgery and when I woke up from surgery, the hand was dead. Literally, it did not function. No feeling whatsoever. Couldn’t move the fingers...nothing. The doctor, who is a really good guy and I’ve used him since, got a little concerned, judging by his demeanor, but assured me that he didn’t hit any nerves. He diagnosed that my tendons and nerves were under so much pressure that when the carpal band was cut, they went into shock. He assured me that the use of my hand should return in about 4 months, which it did and that full feeling would come back in a year, which it did.
        Even though the right hand was a more difficult recovery, it was still worth the trouble. My fault for putting it off for so long.
        I’m right handed and to this day my right hand is a little weaker than my left.

Comment

I had a carpal tunnel release on a Tuesday about 19 years ago and was back to shoeing horses a week later. I think the following Monday, in fact. It's a straight-forward, easy day surgery.

Comment

Originally posted by EarleyBird View Post
            I had a carpal tunnel release on a Tuesday about 19 years ago and was back to shoeing horses a week later. I think the following Monday, in fact. It's a straight-forward, easy day surgery.
            He said it takes about 10 minutes!

Comment

Mine healed up fine but o found that I had to be careful when using grinders for a long time. The vibration would wreak havoc on em. So you will have up and down days for a while. After almost two months had passed I had to go back in and take a hand strength test and passed it. That’s the downside of working with you hands. They get really strong until they aren’t! Lol. You’ll come through with flying colors and be glad that you did it.

Comment

Get it done. I have seen people that had atrophy of the the thenar eminence (muscles just proximal to your thumb going to your wrist). It looked like a scoop was taken to the hand and just removed the muscle. Now this is extreme from years of no intervention. Limited function. Surgery is the cure.

Comment

I have had both arms corrected, plus tendon releases on both elbows. I was in therapy for six months but I would do it again as I have use of both arms today. Good luck with your
                  treatments.

Comment

I’m a little disappointed as I was actually looking forward to the perverted comments.

All kidding aside, it looks like you got some very good feedback from those who have done this before. Best of luck to you and, for the love of God, this time, do what your therapist tells you!

Comment

Originally posted by Oleman View Post
                      I have had both arms corrected, plus tendon releases on both elbows. I was in therapy for six months but I would do it again as I have use of both arms today. Good luck with your
                      treatments.
                      Y’all sound like you worked in My field ! I had releases in both elbows also. Right elbow is limited and left is good!

Comment

Originally posted by ThisLadyHunts View Post
                        I’m a little disappointed as I was actually looking forward to the perverted comments.

All kidding aside, it looks like you got some very good feedback from those who have done this before. Best of luck to you and, for the love of God, this time, do what your therapist tells you!
                        Lol! Yes Awesome feedback and Yes , I’ll take care of it this time or my Wife will be pretty upset with me !

Comment

Originally posted by Bucknaked View Post
                          Lol! Yes Awesome feedback and Yes , I’ll take care of it this time or my Wife will be pretty upset with me !

I know just how she feels.

Still waiting for perverted replies...

Comment

Originally posted by ThisLadyHunts View Post
                            Why you nasty girl you.

Comment

Had mine done back in the 70's, surgery now day's are a lot faster and better but don't push your recovery time. I've got the railroad track kind of scare from middle of hand to the wrist, think very small cut now days. Good luck with it brother, you'll do fine.

God Bless
                              Bish

Comment

Working...
                              X