Recourse with Car Dealer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Recourse with Car Dealer

Wife's 21 Escalade is at dealer getting new motor. Has 11k miles on it. Just had 2nd oil change last month. Not sure I want it back. Willing to guess a carfax showing new motor at 11k is going to really hurt resalse value. Any grounds for a buyback or getting them to comp me for accelerated depreciation?

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

Originally posted by JBJTX81 View Post
    Wife's 21 Escalade is at dealer getting new motor. Has 11k miles on it. Just had 2nd oil change last month. Not sure I want it back. Willing to guess a carfax showing new motor at 11k is going to really hurt resalse value. Any grounds for a buyback or getting them to comp me for accelerated depreciation?

What was the motor issue?

Comment

Originally posted by rvd View Post
      What was the motor issue?
      Idk. The service tech just said they'd be replacing the whole motor. There were several codes going off. It would hardly idle had loss of normal power and would backfire sputter miss etc.

Comment

Sorry to hear...........
        I guess, sometimes high tech.......Just ain't that great.........
        Beautiful truck though........

Comment

No recourse except for lemon law.

Comment

Unfortunately I am seeing a lot of engine work being done on 2021 models. Lots of lifters being replaced

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by WIKI View Post
              Unfortunately I am seeing a lot of engine work being done on 2021 models. Lots of lifters being replaced

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
              Give me more details. The 2021 6.2s that gm made? Across all models tahoe Yukon escalade 1500? What's a lifter? How does it work What's faulty with them? I chalked it up to covid and plants shutting down mid operation the resuming and some sort of quality control issue being overlooked.

Comment

Lifters are part of the fuel management system. Cuts the engine from 8 to 4 cylinders in certain conditions to save fuel.

Could one or more lifters not getting oil or just plain failed.

It's not an uncommon problem with GM vehicles. But it tends to happen once the vehicle has higher mileage than 11K.

Ask me how I know, LOL.

Personally I would demand to know why the engine has to be replaced.

Comment

They are also having issues with the push rods bending in the 6.2 at low miles. I'd bet it bent one.

Comment

Originally posted by TxGiant View Post
                    They are also having issues with the push rods bending in the 6.2 at low miles. I'd bet it bent one.
                    Was about to chine in with this. Cheap china steel

Comment

be sure to get the exact reason for engine replacement, printed out in detail. You need that foundation to pursue other recourse.

Comment

Never good to need a complete engine at such low mileage. Welcome to the Unwilling Participant in the GM R&D Club.

Comment

Originally posted by JBJTX81 View Post
                          Idk. The service tech just said they'd be replacing the whole motor. There were several codes going off. It would hardly idle had loss of normal power and would backfire sputter miss etc.

Sounds like a bent push rod issue or bad cam. It also could be a bad lifter(busted needle bearings on the roller). They all work in conjunction with each other to open and close your valves.

Comment

Chances are that one or more of the lifters had issue and possibly contaminated the engine. Honestly you are better off getting a complete engine than piecing one back together. We had a 2019 5.3l at work start having issues with a misfire on cylinder 7 with about the same mileage. A local dealer put in a single lifter and pushrod. Still had a tick noise and would set a code from time to time for a misfire on the same cylinder. Ended up that the camshaft was worn so after months of back and forth with gm field reps they put a complete engine in and the problem was solved. If they would have done it from the beginning it would of saved a lot of time and grief. The cylinder heads have to come off to replace the lifters on those engines, so depending on how much access the Escalade has they may remove it to do the work anyway. I know it is a hassle to pay for a premium vehicle and have issues, but nothing is perfect. I hope they get you taken care of. The new engine will also come with a better warranty.

Comment

I sent our lawyer a check yesterday. She finished one project and is still working on another. Good luck..................

Comment

Working...
                              X