Cigar Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cigar Question

I know this is a can of worms... What RH%? I've been running a small cigar oasis in a desktop at 66.5%. No issues, no complaints. Setting up a Newair as a Wineador- i'll post a setup in the DIY section- and I'm back to reading about temps and RH%. I think temp will be set about 65 degrees as that's the warmest setting. Will the lower temp need a higher RH%?

I run mine at 65/65.

Comment

Originally posted by TXRebel View Post
      I run mine at 65/65.
      Thanks. This is what I was thinking. A buddy at work, cigar mentor if you will, keeps his the same with cubans stored at 62%.

Comment

I use this chart

Find out which Boveda RH is right for your product by referencing our chart. Read more about Boveda's 2-way humidity control.

Comment

I didn't pay attention when stitching to wineador. I ruined a bunch of cigars using the oasis and the winaedor. Mold everywhere, especially the cubans!

Now I run 65 and 65. I just a few of the Boveda packets in there and dont ever have to mess with it.

I cant smell or taste anything since having covid. I want it back!

Comment

Originally posted by mmoses View Post
            I didn't pay attention when stitching to wineador. I ruined a bunch of cigars using the oasis and the winaedor. Mold everywhere, especially the cubans!

Now I run 65 and 65. I just a few of the Boveda packets in there and dont ever have to mess with it.

I cant smell or taste anything since having covid. I want it back!
            Thanks, I've already committed myself to watching it like a hawk at first. I would be willing to test out a couple of your cubans to make sure they are holding up well. Wouldn't want you to be caught off guard when the taste comes back.

Comment

Originally posted by TexasBob View Post
              Thanks, I've already committed myself to watching it like a hawk at first. I would be willing to test out a couple of your cubans to make sure they are holding up well. Wouldn't want you to be caught off guard when the taste comes back.
              I keep telling myself I'm just aging them!

Comment

Working...
              X