Cataract Surgery / Astigmatism Questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cataract Surgery / Astigmatism Questions

Fixing to have cataract/lens replacement. Also have a little astigmatism. For those that have had it is the additional part of making the cuts to help fix the astigmatism worth the extra $$ ???

Anyone had just the astigmatism fixed with the incision procedure?

I had it done two years ago with Tecnis multifocal lenses implanted and I'm very happy with the results. I had bad astigmatism and now I'm about 20/25. Choose your doctor very carefully.

Comment

Just had my left eye done earlier this year and went from 20/60 vision to 20/20.
      Healing process was the worst part. Actual operation only took maybe 20-30 minutes. Healing took me about 6 weeks. Sure glad I had it done. I can now see to drive at night.

Comment

I just had it done. Had 20/70 now 20/25+ and 20/40. Dr. didn't recommend astigmatism help but I think I should have because he now says I will have 20/15 with glasses because of the astigmatism. ???!!-

Comment

Originally posted by Ronnie View Post
          I just had it done. Had 20/70 now 20/25+ and 20/40. Dr. didn't recommend astigmatism help but I think I should have because he now says I will have 20/15 with glasses because of the astigmatism. ???!!-
          $800 per eye for the astigmatism correction.

Comment

Originally posted by txwhitetail View Post
            $800 per eye for the astigmatism correction.
            Its 1200 over here and 3000 for the bifocals kind .( that you can see near and far).
            Everything over here is WAY more expensive though. 5% state sales tax. State income tax. Won't even mention property taxes. AND the laws, they're like in a third world communist country.
            I want to go back home so bad l can't hardly stand it. If you're married you don't need to ask why I don't

Comment

I had cataract surgery about a year ago. My surgeon didn't recommend any special lens, but if I were you, I would pay for the best possible vision, regardless of the cost. Your doctor's advice should be better than ours.

I developed clouding of the portion of the lens covering (capsule) that remains after surgery, called posterior capsular opacification. This was successfully treated with laser surgery about a week ago. If your vision declines after the surgery, get checked for this.

Comment

I just had the symphony lens put in at Mann Eye Center....went from needing reading and distance glasses to perfect 20/20......it is unreal but was pricey.....

Comment

Originally posted by BarBBar View Post
                  I had cataract surgery about a year ago. My surgeon didn't recommend any special lens, but if I were you, I would pay for the best possible vision, regardless of the cost. Your doctor's advice should be better than ours.

I developed clouding of the portion of the lens covering (capsule) that remains after surgery, called posterior capsular opacification. This was successfully treated with laser surgery about a week ago. If your vision declines after the surgery, get checked for this.
                  I already have the monocular lens in the other eye so they need to match those up it sounds like. Son of much choice on the lens.

My main option is the astigmatism relaxing incisions.

Comment

Originally posted by txwhitetail View Post
                    I already have the monocular lens in the other eye so they need to match those up it sounds like. Son of much choice on the lens.

My main option is the astigmatism relaxing incisions.

PM sent asking question.

Comment

Pay the extra $$ and get it fixed 100%

Comment

I had my right eye done 4 weeks ago and my left eye done 2 weeks ago. I had bad astigmatism in my left eye. I paid the extra and had the PanOptix® Toric IOL. I had my eyes checked this morning and both eyes are 20/20. I've been reading fine print closeup without readers and have great vision at intermediate and far distances. I had my .45 out this afternoon and I can see the sights and the target clearly. Things are definitely brighter and sunglasses are a must. I definitely recommend spending the extra money

Comment

Working...
                        X