Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mary View Post
    Valtrex, Ibuprofen 800 and Gabapentin.

A few weeks ago Kevin and I were at the ranch in Stonewall when I kept saying I felt like a cactus needle was in my back. On the way home, it got worse and worse. I literally woke up that night thinking....crap....this is the beginning of shingles. I went to the dermatologist and caught it early. I had a rash on the side of my back, but never broke out....THANK GOODNESS! I'm just now getting to where I don't feel the pins and needles effect in my back. Definitely a miserably painful illness. Can't imagine what it would be like when you break out.

I see you got Gabapentin...it takes the edge off the nerve pain. That should help.

When Mary came down with the shingles I got my 2nd shot. Dang did it kick my butt. I am sure the disease is worse than the cure, but can’t be by much!

Comment

So far so good. Rash has pretty much dried up other than the original spot which is about the size of a dime and slowly getting smaller. I still have some tingling and occasional pain in my scalp. My left eye also feels like it has pressure on it at times and the headaches still come and go. Still taking meds that were prescribed. I would say the first 5 days were the worst, but it is bearable now. Wearing a cap or hard hat can be a pain at times but all in all its ok.

Comment

Got Shingles any advice?

Glad you’re on the mend.
        Shingles sux.

I had em back in June.
        On my right hip, lower back, gluteus and the right huevo. Got panicky close to the schwartz, then the meds kicked in and the spread stop.

Valtrex, and tylenol 3
        My Lyme’s dr put me on prednisone and had me come in for 3 passes of ozone
        Dried up pretty fast after that but the first 5-6 days S u u u u*gasp* u u u cked.

Comment

Bumping this to the top, going on day 10 for me. I am taking an antiviral and some tylenol 3s. You dont want this

Comment

Just talked to my doc about the shot. Sounds like I should get it.

Comment

Valacyclovir will make a dramatic difference. Dr can get it for you.

Comment

Originally posted by matagordian View Post
                I had chicken pox when i was a kid. Now 41. Going to check into the vaccine. Thanks for the posting about it, and sorry you’re going through it.
                They told me I couldn't get the shot until 50.

Comment

My Doc said to get the shot/shots. Had a mild case before so I took the first shot last week. Expensive as Medicare will not cover, $198! Second shot is taken 2 to 6 months later after the first. My Doc also said that you do not want to have shingles go to your face and eyes.

Comment

Originally posted by GarGuy View Post
                    Valacyclovir will make a dramatic difference. Dr can get it for you.
                    I'm on day 3, finally feeling a little better

Comment

a quote off the internet -
                      .....That's why shingles tends to be more common in people older than 50. The risk of shingles continues to increase as people age. Some experts estimate that half the people who live to age 85 will get shingles at some point...

Need the Shingrix, 2 shots within 6 months period.
                      I've had one, headed for the second shot this week. I don't usually get sick from vaccines but the first made the arm sore and I ran light fever. Small price for the other option

Comment

Originally posted by oktx View Post
                        Just talked to my doc about the shot. Sounds like I should get it.
                        Why would you? Have you ever had shingles?

Comment

Originally posted by DoveBlaster View Post
                          Bumping this to the top, going on day 10 for me. I am taking an antiviral and some tylenol 3s. You dont want this
                          Hang in there it gets better. Had them twice in my life. No fun at all. A steroid and pain killers worked for me. Not a fan of the experimental shot so I'm out on that route... Ill take my chances.
                          Last edited by PondPopper; 02-21-2022, 01:23 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ttaxidermy View Post
                            Why would you? Have you ever had shingles?
                            Severe chicken pox as a kid. Did you read any of the other posts or just mine?

Comment

Originally posted by ttaxidermy View Post
                              Hang in there it gets better. Had them twice in my life. No fun at all. A steroid and pain killers worked for me. Not a fan of the experimental shot so I'm out on that route... Ill take my chances.
                              So, you'll not take the series of shots that ARE tested and proven and risk getting them again. Because you can and most likely WILL get them multiple times.

The Shingrix shots aren't experimental. While they aren't 100% effective, I think they are around 95% effective. I've had shingles as well, right before the start of the plandemic. Although my case was mild, I DON'T want to be that guy that has it twice because of misguided judgement. (not directly at you necessarily).

Now the "jabs" for the rice rabies.........completely understandable to not want those.

Respectfully........

Comment

Originally posted by Mudslinger View Post
                                My Doc said to get the shot/shots. Had a mild case before so I took the first shot last week. Expensive as Medicare will not cover, $198! Second shot is taken 2 to 6 months later after the first. My Doc also said that you do not want to have shingles go to your face and eyes.

Not disputing your word, but I took my shingle shot at Brookshires and Medicare paid 100%.
                                Did you get it at the physician’s office.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Working...
                                X