Chandeleur Islands

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CastAndBlast View Post
    Lol...I try. I'm not going to lie, they have had me screaming like a girl a time or two. Especially in dirty water, I don't trust them at all. I like eating trout too much to loose them to those *******s though.

We have had a few wade trips in west bay where the sharks were so bad that we would walk each fish back to the boat holding them out of the water. The fishing was so good we just couldn't leave though.
    I have a funny story about this. I took a guy wading the surf and the sharks were horrible. He pull his stringer close to him so he could keep um off. On of the sharks came between his legs to get to his stringer needless to say he left the water [emoji1787][emoji1787]

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Comment

While we were there I was off fishing a cove on the back side new harbor island when I saw a wake come at me in knee deep water. I thought it was a redfish at first but then I thought no it’s too big, maybe a drum but took off fast and that’s when I knew it wasn’t a drum. Sucker made a turn and came right at me and just made a 90 the other way and kept going. Probably a 6’ shark, and fast. Never saw a fin or tail though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Mayhem View Post
        While we were there I was off fishing a cove on the back side new harbor island when I saw a wake come at me in knee deep water. I thought it was a redfish at first but then I thought no it’s too big, maybe a drum but took off fast and that’s when I knew it wasn’t a drum. Sucker made a turn and came right at me and just made a 90 the other way and kept going. Probably a 6’ shark, and fast. Never saw a fin or tail though.

And that was right after I hooked a 4’er in the same knee deep water. The man in the gray suit is real!

Comment

Chandeleur Islands

Originally posted by rut-ro View Post
          And that was right after I hooked a 4’er in the same knee deep water. The man in the gray suit is real!

Yeah cause you weren’t terribly far from me. This **** shark came threw the Cut I was wading towards that was belly deep.

Last edited by Mayhem; 07-22-2021, 03:26 PM.

Comment

We have some kids hoping to hook up with some nice sharks. Sounds like bay side and surf side both hold them? I imagine if you hook a big one from a skiff it is a sleigh ride. If I had one go through my legs like described above my stringer would definitely shrink.
            Last edited by J-Bob; 07-22-2021, 04:26 PM. Reason: Spellcheck

Comment

Sharks should be easy to catch, they are everywhere. When I was wading the surf I had a 6-8’ hammerhead swim right by me. I hooked several on plastics. If you can come up with some bait, it should be all you want.

Comment

From what Doug said about the abundance of trophy hardheads it sounds like you could turn a fishbite into a hardhead into some cut bait if we can’t cast net anything.

Also, anyone fish gulp under a popping cork or would that be catfish city?

Comment

It’s lock and load on the hardheads. They hit plastics. I would take some flies or sabikis, there are lots of little fish that hang around the boat lights at night you could use for bait.

Comment

Perfect!! We are bringing sabikis and a rod.

Comment

Also tons of skip jack

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Yep big giant skipjack.

Comment

Fun! Mini-tarpon! If surf is flat is there a pass that you can take your skiff through to get to it?

Comment

Originally posted by J-Bob View Post
                            Fun! Mini-tarpon! If surf is flat is there a pass that you can take your skiff through to get to it?
                            Yes, its like any other pass though, bars and guts change.

There is also a mile of beach on the opposite side of the surf you can park on and walk across. Theres also some guts up north you and motor into and get over. Most arent that much of a walk to the surf

Comment

Originally posted by J-Bob View Post
                              From what Doug said about the abundance of trophy hardheads it sounds like you could turn a fishbite into a hardhead into some cut bait if we can’t cast net anything.

Also, anyone fish gulp under a popping cork or would that be catfish city?
                              Check under the birds in open water. Me and Bobby got into some monster lady fish under some. Also had sharks in there because I had one bit in half and about got stripped by another. Fun times!

Comment

Y'all can keep them ladies... sorry bastages.

Comment

Working...
                                X