Fishing near Houston / Kingwood

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fishing near Houston / Kingwood

My 6 year old nephew wants to go fishing so I’m looking for recommendations on places near Houston or Kingwood. I assume lake Houston is my best bet, but I only fish saltwater and solo out of my kayak, so I’m seeking the wisdom of the green screen. I’d appreciate any advice on best spots to bank fish and any other tips. Doesn’t matter what species, just want him to catch a fish.

Thanks

Look up Lake Houston park, I believe there is some fishing you can do there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Mayhem View Post

Will do, thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by Mayhem View Post

There are some fishing spots there but not sure how it is this time of year. Springtime you can tear up the white bass. With a six year old your gonna want quick and easy. Just to the right of where you get to the creek is a pretty big hole. Some worms might get you some perch or little catfish. Hope yall have fun and catch some!

Comment

I'll send you a PM later when I get a chance. I'm the resident bluegill guide in the Kingwood area. We caught about 20 yesterday between three of my grandkids In the heat of the day

Comment

There are some fishing spots there but not sure how it is this time of year. Springtime you can tear up the white bass. With a six year old your gonna want quick and easy. Just to the right of where you get to the creek is a pretty big hole. Some worms might get you some perch or little catfish. Hope yall have fun and catch some![/QUOTE]

I will keep that in mind. Thank you for the advice.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Chew View Post
                I'll send you a PM later when I get a chance. I'm the resident bluegill guide in the Kingwood area. We caught about 20 yesterday between three of my grandkids In the heat of the day
                That’s amazing, thank you very much!

Comment

Looks like Chew has a good spot there. I know right where that is, some good bass have been caught right there too.

Comment

We always catch at least one keeper at Alexander Deussen Park

Comment

Houston Area Pond Fishing

Created to share your catches and information on Houston and surrounding area neighborhood lakes, public parks, and ponds.

Comment

Originally posted by Chew View Post
                        That is Great Chew! You da Grandpa!

Comment

Find you a little hole in the creek at Lake Houston park. Plop down a folding chair and catch bluegill all day. When the kids get tried of fishing the can swim and explore. Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20210719-191048_Facebook~2.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	66.7 KB
ID:	24657133

Sent from my SM-A526U using Tapatalk

Comment

Been a couple weeks since I've been there but the ditch/bayou behind the old HEB had bream.
                            Click image for larger version

Name:	656C57F6-C513-4B21-801F-104CE62222CC.jpeg
Views:	1
Size:	156.8 KB
ID:	24657134
                            Last edited by mikebyrge; 07-19-2021, 06:20 PM. Reason: Add pic

Comment

Working...
                            X