No announcement yet.

Where did you meet your SO..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We’ve been together for 41 years although, as my husband likes to say, some days it feels like 150!

Take today, for example. If he had been a fish, I’d have thrown him back. However, it’s too late for that now, so I’ll just have to settle for filleting him, rolling him in cornmeal, and dropping him in hot grease…all without spilling a single drop of wine from my glass.

Comment

We met the first day of high school in English class in 1980. She walked by and I thought wow! Apparently others thought so to, she dated others and so did I until the summer of our senior year. We finally got together and it was done. We married in 1989 and she has followed me across the country for my job. We have three wonderful kids that have now grown up into fine adults. I have been living the dream, doesn’t get any better. It will be 32 years in a couple of months. Life is good.

Comment

I saw her walking in the park, I approached her, got shot down real fast of course. I stalked her for a couple of months after that. We married a little over four years later. That was in 2010. She is my rock!

Comment

Originally posted by tigerscowboy View Post
          Which marriage?
          “ Soul Mate” lol!

Comment

Met mine in high school in 1980. A year later I was riding around town, with my friends. She stopped us to say hello. I swapped a cooler of beer for her to ride with me. The rest is history. We were married in 85. Still going strong. I never found my cooler.

Comment

Ran into A western store to get some Britches..
              I was in A hurry, she helped me, I asked her for her number
              And Hauled back to work..met for drinks that night at the Armadillo Palace..That was 11 years ago...

Comment

Dam, most of yall were married before i was even born. Lol

Comment

Read the entire post and read some very happy beginnings and still happy families.
                  In 1961, while stationed at Hunter AFB, in Savannah Georgia, I was at a burger drive-in with country music and a 1969 Oldsmobile pulled in beside me and the driver and I locked eyes. We met, dated the next night. Married my best friend and wife in 1963. Just had our 58th togetherness on June 15th. Have 6 grandkids, 1 great granddaughter, maybe more on the way. Life is good. And she supported me thru-out our military career in Ga, Okinawa (where daughter was born), Japan, South Carolina,(where son was born), Viet Nam, Missouri, and South Dakota. Love her now as I loved her in 1961. Life is good.

Comment

Originally posted by Tyrex750 View Post
                    Dam, most of yall were married before i was even born. Lol
                    Okay, that really hurt…

Comment

Married the first time for 9 months, 6 of that was trying to get a divorce. Met the perfect woman for me at a mutual friends engagement party a year or so later, we’ve been married 10 years and together for 11. Hope to make it another 40+

Comment

Met at a church camp when I just turned 16. She actually chased after me. Not sure what she saw in me as I was a rather shy kid back then but glad she did. Dated 4 years. Married 33 years next month.

Comment

Met and knew her long before she was age appropriate to be interested in. Her parents were best friends with my aunt and uncle. Fast forward several years, and we both happened to be single when my cousin was getting married. My aunt and uncle took the initiative to break the ice, and made it known we’d be good for one another. We were married about 18 months later, and are now blessed with a 3 and a 5 year old 6 years later.

Comment

Never felt super comfortable with online dating for some reason, but met my bride in the first 5 minutes of being on eHarmony in 2019. We got married in April this year and so far marriage has been incredible (she just got a bow and wants to start bowhunting). I won't ever talk bad about about online dating again and encourage people to give it a go.

Comment

Originally posted by PoppinPiggies View Post
                              Never felt super comfortable with online dating for some reason, but met my bride in the first 5 minutes of being on eHarmony in 2019. We got married in April this year and so far marriage has been incredible (she just got a bow and wants to start bowhunting). I won't ever talk bad about about online dating again and encourage people to give it a go.

I think I commented on this thread initially but same here. I got a new job, sold my house and most everything I owned and moved to San Antonio in 2010 not knowing anyone. Went on Match and had one date and we’ve been together for 11years and married 8.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Graduate school.

Comment

Working...
                                X