Guy across the street recording my house

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DaveC View Post
    Once the gun comes out, time to head inside and come up with a different strategy.
    If he’s half nuts he ain’t too far from using it.

There’s a self defense video of a bad neighbor run in ending in a double shooting not too long ago.
    I’ll go dig it up....

Active Self Defense video- Graphic warning -
    https://youtu.be/Id9pd8zfQcs
    Well that just ruined my day!!!!! Horrible

Comment

Originally posted by dbaio1 View Post
      Call the police.
      He brought out a gun and threatened you.
      Mental health issues and guns are not a good combination.
      Good luck.
      Same here.
      I can't believe other posts on here are folks saying to ignore him, or that its basically the OPs fault ...? The guy came outside with a gun, and threatened him openly. That's plenty to go to jail on.
      Last edited by tdwinklr; 07-08-2021, 11:33 AM. Reason: C

Comment

Originally posted by 7sdad View Post
        Wait until he's asleep and go over and spray paint the camera lens.

Comment

First of all, I would call the police so your report of a crazy, unstable lunatic with a gun can be documented.

Then,,,,,,,,If his cameras are motion activated, drive them wild and him crazier - go to the nearest DG and buy half a dozen aluminum pin wheels, place in your /property yard towards his cameras - he will have hours and hours of blank video.

Comment

Wow, some of y’alls responses makes me glad I don’t have neighbors. A few of y’all need to take a closer look at post 4.

Comment

Well if he's crazy and paranoid all of his paranoia will now be directed at you. Any and all perceived wrongs done unto him will have had to have been done by you. Time to move.

Comment

Originally posted by MadHatter View Post
                Wild wasn't it!!
                He definitely reached his breaking point .
                Never expected him to come back out a 2nd time, let alone with a rifle.
                This. Truth of the matter is that this shooter may have been totally sane and snapped. This has been going on for a while between these three. That type of exchange doesn’t happen on a first offense. And yes I was stunned when he came back and finished em off. Very sad day indeed.

Comment

Or send over a pie with a pressure switch in it and a note saying “Enjoy”! NOT! Leave the man alone or move as had been suggested.

Comment

So he brings out a gun, leaves it at the fence and then tells you that he's gonna mess you up.

That sounds like an easy terroristic threat case to make, given the circumstances.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

There are enough opinions here already, but I will say this. If he is certifiably nuts and now has a vendetta against you and you have done nothing about it such as let the cops know he is unstable and brandishing a gun, it could be the worst mistake you ever made. I have dealt with crazy and there is nothing to say this person would not commit murder while you are or are not present. Nobody threatens my family(with serious intent) and just gets a free ride to return anytime. I would take out the threat by any legal means possible.

Comment

Originally posted by 7sdad View Post
                        Wait until he's asleep and go over and spray paint the camera lens.
                        Yes, very smart. Then he has video of you to give to the police to prove destruction of property

Comment

Originally posted by BassMaster13 View Post
                          Some of yall sound like a bunch of liberals. 10 years the mans lived there minding his own business. When he does something you don't like (not illegal) you start claiming he's crazy of has mental issues. Heck he could be making time lapse videos or bird watching. Seems like a few of yall would vote yes for red flag laws.
                          I'm leaning towards this.

Guy has been benign for 10 years, maybe don't rile him up unless he starts causing real problems?

I wish my neighbors had cameras on my property, it would be nice to fill in the gaps from my own cameras.

Comment

Originally posted by RattlesnakeDan View Post
                            There are enough opinions here already, but I will say this. If he is certifiably nuts and now has a vendetta against you and you have done nothing about it such as let the cops know he is unstable and brandishing a gun, it could be the worst mistake you ever made. I have dealt with crazy and there is nothing to say this person would not commit murder while you are or are not present. Nobody threatens my family(with serious intent) and just gets a free ride to return anytime. I would take out the threat by any legal means possible.
                            So give us details to what "take out the threat" by legal means.....means

cowboy

Comment

My neighbors are glad I'm recording their houses, just in case they get broke into. Just saying.

On another note Burleson PD caught someone breaking into one of my vehicles a few years ago, right before I walked outside to go to work. Saved me a ton of grief. And got it all on video .

As to the gun being displayed in the OP's situation, along with the threats, that should be reported in that circumstance.

The fish are biting, and there's hogs to be kill-t. Gotta go!
                              Last edited by Texas Grown; 07-08-2021, 12:42 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Lone_Wolf View Post
                                So give us details to what "take out the threat" by legal means.....means

cowboy
                                Just what it reads. Call the police, get things on record. If he is unstable make sure it is looked into. Cowboy.

Comment

Working...
                                X