Rum - Neat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rum - Neat

School me on good sipping rums. What are some that are good neat, or on the rocks?

Appleton estate if you like the "funk" of molasses showing through.

Comment

Flor De Cana 12 or 18 year is smooth.

Comment

Flor de Cana, the older the better. Made from sugarcane in Nicaragua.

Comment

A good easy one to start with is Ron Zacapa 23 Solera.

I like some of the El Dorado rums. Ron Botran is good. I'm working on a bottle of Cuban Havana Club now and it's very good but hard to get. Diplomatico is good. Some of the older Flor de Canas are good. You might try a rhum agricole for a little different take on rum too. Lots of good options and lots of different flavor profiles and styles to try. I've broken lots of folks into good rum with Ron Zacapa though. Just about everyone likes it.

Comment

I love Flor, but I mix it. I’ve got 3 bottles on the door in my garage fridge. I call it my “Flor Door”.

Comment

Originally posted by Capt Glenn View Post
              A good easy one to start with is Ron Zacapa 23 Solera.

I like some of the El Dorado rums. Ron Botran is good. I'm working on a bottle of Cuban Havana Club now and it's very good but hard to get. Diplomatico is good. Some of the older Flor de Canas are good. You might try a rhum agricole for a little different take on rum too. Lots of good options and lots of different flavor profiles and styles to try. I've broken lots of folks into good rum with Ron Zacapa though. Just about everyone likes it.
              Kevin, listen to this man. This is all spot on imo.

Glenn, where did you get a bottle of Havana Club? Or can you say? We drank that the entire time we were in Argentina. **** good stuff. Im partial to Flor de Cana but I think Kevin would prefer the Ron Zacapa 23.

Comment

Honestly a customer of mine got it for me. I am not sure where it came from, but it is very good.

Comment

We drink Malibu. Comes in a white bottle of shame after reading what real rum drinkers are drinking.

Comment

when I lived in Venezuela I drank a lot of rum and it was all very good. Pampero, El Cacique, Gran Reserva....all winners and cheap by the jug 25 years ago!

Comment

Originally posted by TX_Kevin View Post
                      School me on good sipping rums. What are some that are good neat, or on the rocks?
                      High Hill made right here in Hallettsville Texas.

Days Hours Minutes Seconds https://d1c22c.p3cdn1.secureserver.net/wp-content/uploads/2023/06/slowmo.mp4

Comment

Originally posted by Das71198 View Post
                        High Hill made right here in Hallettsville Texas.

http://highhilldistillery.com/
                        Here is a picture
                        Attached Files

Comment

My husband used to enjoy nothing but Mount Gay. Now, he swears by Barbancourt 8 or, better yet, 12. Made in Barbados, it gets it’s flavor from pure cane sugar.

Comment

Diplomatico reserva...

And the real deal- plantation x.o. 20th anniversary

Thank me later

Comment

Ok... so go buy Doorly’s 12 year. It’s 20 ish and is a very good entry level sipping rum. If you like that, look for some four square exceptional cask. I had to stop buying it because I could drink it too fast.

Four Square is a “purist” rum since it doesn’t have sugar added like many of the popular ones.

I will add that the Zacapa 23 Solera is also great, but it also has added sugar.

Comment

Working...
                              X