Small Engine Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kmitchl View Post
    The float is a one piece plastic molding. There is nothing I can see to adjust the level.
    How is it attached inside the bowl? Does this model have the electronic plug on the bottom of the bowl that has wires connected to it?

Comment

Is it electric start. Do a compression test.

Comment

Originally posted by kurt68 View Post
        How is it attached inside the bowl? Does this model have the electronic plug on the bottom of the bowl that has wires connected to it?
        There are tabs off the float and the needle has a button on top that slides into the tabs. Does not have the electronic solenoid.

Comment

Originally posted by dmk View Post
          Filter? Also sounds odd, but check air filter. I've had them die like you are describing. After checking everything else it was the air filter.
          Looks like you got it right. I had not reinstalled the air filter. Once I did it starts and runs. Still a few issues. Some blue smoke. Maybe a stuck ring. Will put some Marvel Mystery oil in the cylinder over night and see if that helps. Thanks to everyone.

Comment

You sure it doesn’t have a pump?

Comment

It's almost always the carb. My bet would be Amazon carbs. I would try an oem carb

Comment

Originally posted by Kingfisher789 View Post
                You sure it doesn’t have a pump?
                Absolutely. It’s 1992 vintage.

Comment

Originally posted by Sackett View Post
                  It's almost always the carb. My bet would be Amazon carbs. I would try an oem carb

I’ve had zero problems with Amazon carbs. And in some cases they are 75% cheaper.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Working...
                  X