Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by KBM View Post
    If his is anything like mine it’s brick lined

Yeah, nobody is spending the money to case a 36” water well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Hey Bt dont use pvc. Use poly so you can pull it yourself and replace the pump when it goes.

Comment

A decent 10” well here would probably produce 1800-2000 gpm. A decent 14” well, probably closer to 4000 gpm. A good well will pump more than that.

Those are probably in deeper and better formations, though.

Comment

Sounds like you are not lifting water very far, approx 20 ft. Might look at a deep well jet pump. Almost everything that can break is mounted on the surface where you can repair without having to call out a well service.

Comment

Originally posted by doghouse View Post
            3ft casing I have never heard of. Good luck. Should be no problem to drop a submersible pump in the well. Need to close the top of the casing.
            "Shallow" well, all over the place around here since the water table is shallow. There are at least 6 on property I own, mostly around old home sites. Only one I have really investigated is the one I referred to.
            Think of a short piece of 3' concrete culvert stacked end on end and sunk into the ground.

Most "drinking water" ones being put in now are the deep kind with what I guessed to be 6" casing but I never put a tape on one either.

They all have "lids" on them, don't want critters or people falling in one.

I did some searching and tiled may be the correct terminology
            Manufacturer of Precast Concrete Well Tiles, Concrete Well Covers, and Shallow Water Well Supplies located in New Hampshire

Comment

I don't know of anyone in that area that does well drilling. I had my well drilled by Fasline several years ago and that is their business. I would imagine that they have a 'tech' type guy who could answer every question you have. They most likely have all the parts, if any needed, to get you going.
              I looked for a business card and couldn't find it, but their shop and office is in Kilgore on 135 about a mile south of the interstate.

Hope this helps.

Comment

i sell solar powered submersible well pumps. If you're interested give me a shout at 325-305-6064. my standard pump for 750$ will give you about 5-6 gpm at that depth. super easy to install.

Comment

I had a well at my old house for 10 years. The well was about 70 ft and I used a jet pump. Can't speak on the submersible pumps. If I were just watering grass i would go the cheapest route possible. Jet pump, pressure tank, pvc with unions for when you have to clean the foot valve.

Comment

Got a number for a local guy this morning

Comment

Working...
                    X