TBH Lost A Legend Yesterday...Prayers Please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TBH Lost A Legend Yesterday...Prayers Please

Yesterday we lost Matt Patek (known here on TBH as double lung) in a tragic vehicle accident. Aside from a very large group of friends, Matt left behind 3 beautiful young daughters, and his amazing wife Stephanie. They all recently lost Matt's dad, and are obviously all heartbroken, as we are for them. Please include the entire Patek family in your prayers now, and for the foreseeable future, as they take on this unimaginable loss.

Many of you will remember Matt from the good old days around here, from Bownanzas, late night green screen foolery, and potentially from some antics involving a golf bet and a bad tatoo. Matt's zest for life, and appetite for a good time were only surpassed by his fierce love and loyalty to his girls, and Steph, and his friends.

I've never had anyone drop into my life and immediately ingrain themselves in so many aspects of it, as Matt and family did when they moved from Moulton to Mansfield several years ago. Within months they joined my family and several others on annual vacations to the beach, they joined our deer lease, and we travelled with them to Rockport to Matt and his dad's place, my friends/family instantly became his, and vice versa. Like we'd all known each other forever.

Over the last 4 or 5 years, and it has been my pleasure to watch the girls grow, and learn. They are among my son's very best friends. I got to be there when Abryn (the oldest) shot her 1st deer, buck, and turkey. Matt was there for many of my son's 1sts, as well as his 1st trout and redfish from Matt's boat, at their place in Rockport. Ryen has been getting ready to start stacking critters, and Parker was definitely the first infant we've ever welcomed to deer camp. Multiple times a week we shared bragging texts about our kids, and talked often about how lucky we were to have them. We had more big plans for the coming year...

Steph and the girls will have all of the support the rest of us can offer moving forward, no doubt led by Matt's best friend of 30 some odd years Anthony Weeaks, known to you here as Ground Checkin' Heavies. But they will need all the prayers everyone can muster.

I'm sure we'll drop some stories and pictures in here over the next several days to remember our friend, if you have any, please share.

Thanks
    Dale

Dang. Sorry to hear. Prayers for family/friends and may he rest in peace.

Comment

Shocking news yesterday when we heard.

RiP Matt. You will be greatly missed.

My condolences to his friends and family.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Comment

So sad to hear, prayers up for all of his family and friends.

Comment

Prayers for the family.

Comment

Prayers sent!!

Comment

Prayers up for his family and friends. RIP Sir!

Comment

Prayers sent

Comment

Prayers sent.

Comment

RIP and prayers for his family.

Comment

Man what a sad day!

Rip my man!!

Comment

Man, this is horrible news...I got to hang out with Matt @ mesquite country's ranch several years ago. That is one guy that likes to have fun & can create instant memorable stories to share. So sad!! Prayers for family & friends.

<><

Comment

Oh man, I hate to hear this! Praying for his family and friends.

Comment

Prayers sent for the Patek family

Comment

Terrible news. RIP sir. Prayers sent

Comment

Working...
                              X