What AR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What AR

For those of you with an AR , what is your favorite caliber and why . I know I will get a big variation but I was just curious

I like the classic, 5.56. Ammo availability is a big issue for me, and while 5.56 is not easy to find, some of the more exotic calibers are just not to be found.

That being said, what are you wanting to do with this AR?

Eagle

Comment

I like my Grendel the best out of all of mine.

Edit: Didn't read the why part. I like it because I can stretch it out a good ways, and it still works very well for hog and deer.

Comment

308, because power

Comment

Originally posted by Eagles1181 View Post
          I like the classic, 5.56. Ammo availability is a big issue for me, and while 5.56 is not easy to find, some of the more exotic calibers are just not to be found.

That being said, what are you wanting to do with this AR?

Eagle
          Mostly it will be for pigs plus just some fun shooting . Availability of ammo I would definately take into consideration and probably will move to hand loads . Thinking about the 223 but not for sure

Comment

The reason I went with 555/223 was for east texas hogs and fun shooting. To be fun, ammo needs to be affordable and available. It wasn't until I started shooting the AR I decided to use it for deer. It is my go to rifle for piney woods where my shots are always under 100 yds.

And I can have fun letting new shooters get an opportunity to shoot a rifle that is easy to handle.

.....and God Bless America.

Comment

I bought mine as a .223, then remembered that I really can't stand that round for anything other than head shots. So I changed my upper out to 6.8, and love it. The kids have taken it over since I'm pretty much bow only. The 6.8 packs a punch. We love it.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

I am now shooting a 6.5 grendel it has been a killer and very accurate !

Comment

Depends on what you want it for.

All around, 6.5 Grendel/6.8 SPC/308 are hard to beat. They’re all pretty versatile. You can toss in the Creedmor and 300 Blackout as well. I don’t own the former but do have one in the latter and I wouldn’t hesitate taking a shot out to 200 yards with it but would not want to stretch that one much more.

Comment

.223/5.56 works for me but I lost it in a freak kiddy boat accident. Tragic it was.

Comment

I would say it depends on what you want to do with it. If just having fun, shooting and personal protection then I would go 223/5.56. If you want to kill stuff and shoot longer range then go 6.5 Grendel. I absolutely love my 6.5 Grendel. Animals don’t like it!!!!

Comment

.224 Valkyrie

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

6.8, 6.5 Grendel, 300blk in that order

Comment

I like my 6.8 spc. Good for big game in TX.
                            Also could consider the 300blk. Subsonic is fun, but use normal rounds for hunting is my advice.

Comment

556 for plinking. 6.8 for serious pig work. 6.5 Grendel because I can, .450 Bush
                              master because it's a beast and 7mm-08 because everyone else has a 7.62

Comment

Working...
                              X