Tuning Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tuning Question

Hey guys, I have a PSE X Force HF6 that just really has me stumped on the tuning.
    I set it up with new strings last season and had the same struggle with tuning, but I was grouping decently at 30 yards with mechs so I just left it alone. But I really want to figure this out so I can shoot fixed blades.

I have the limbs bottomed out evenly and the ATA and brace height right at spec. Nock point is set 1/8th inch above level with the arrow centered on the top edge of the berger hole.
    However I don't have a draw weight gauge so I can't confirm 70 lbs.
    Here's the trouble... when I get the cams hitting perfectly on the top and bottom at full draw, I get a 2.5 to 3 inch nock LOW tear through paper at 6 feet, and bareshafts hit super high.
    Last year I adjusted the control cable to advance the top cam until bareshafts came out level. When they were shooting dead level, the bottom cam stop was about 0.6 inch away from the string.
    I just shot it that way, but I had no back wall and the bow has some serious vibration issues.
    This year I went back to cam stops hitting at the same time and tried moving nock point up. Obviously the back wall was better, and the vibrations went away, but I had to move the nock point so high that fletchings were hitting the shelf before I got level flight.
    So I'm stumped. ATA is right on, BH is right on, tiller even, cams hitting dead even at full draw, and I'm left with a 3 inch nock low tear. It really seems like the bottom cam is working way harder than the top cam.
    Should I start backing off the bottom limb bolt to slow down the bottom cam?
    Just looking for thoughts... maybe I'm missing something.

What rest?

Comment

QAD HDx. It comes up in the last 1 inch of draw, and theres no fletching contact on release. Checked with lipstick on the vanes.

Comment

Man, I don’t see a timing issue creating that much of a tear. Sure sounds like contact to me. You are having to take the bow out of tune or spec to compensate for a contact issue.

Comment

Whats your location?

Comment

If you are anywhere close to Lampasas, go to Sendero Sports and see BJ Herring, he is a great pse tech. Or look on Facebook for The Bearded Bowman.

Comment

If the string is hitting the string suppressor to hard would that cause nock low?

Comment

If you are absolutely sure there is no contact, AND your arrows are decently spined (NOT too stiff/weak), you might try putting speed nocks on the string to dynamically slow the string top or bottom. Also, try shooting the bow without the string stop/suppressor. A tear like you are describing is most often contact, however I have seen a few bows that needed the speed nocks adjusted up or down to even out the paper tear

Comment

Working...
                X