A weekend of memories and freezer filling

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A weekend of memories and freezer filling

This weekend was my first opportunity to guide a great group of hunters and hopefully create some long lasting memories with some great people.
    We had 4 hunters and 3 of them had never taken a big animal.
    Friday night we had two guys from Oklahoma who made great shots on a couple of spikes. Both of them were new to hunting and had just recently bought guns and started shooting. I was very proud of them for holding it together and getting it done.

On Saturday jds247 and his family rolled into camp. We enjoyed some Snows BBQ and then got to hunting. Jeremy’s oldest son had taken a few deer and hogs but was after his first elk. With the help of his mom and dad as spotters we were able to stalk up on a herd and Aiden smoked a big cow off some home made shooting sticks.

Little brother Brynden was priority number one on Sunday. He was after his first kill ever and although we saw a lot of deer Sunday morning nothing would come into a comfortable range. I tried to sweeten the pot a little bit mid day and corned a big half moon all around the blind we would hunt in that afternoon. I also set up a shooting sled to see if we might be able to extend the range a little. Well the does didn’t fall for the bait but B smoked one at 119 yards. He also got to use his newly acquired Jank knife to help clean his first deer. Jeremy has done a great job of teaching his boys about the outdoors and setting them up for success. Overall it was a great weekend although I got beat at pool and shuffleboard a few times. Haha.
    With the hunters permission I would like to share a few pics of a very memorable weekend. I look forward to booking some more hunts and making more memories.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice....Congrats!!

Comment

Congrats!

Comment

Sounds like a great weekend. Congrats to all the hunters.

Comment

Thanks again Daniel.. If any of you guys want to hunt or have kids that hunt Daniel is top notch.. He worked very hard and was patient with my sons.. He worked with both of them on shot placement as well as setting them up to succeed.. The facilities at the ranch are great . I normally wouldn't bring my wife to hunting camp but they have done a great job with their place. I hope to bring the kids back soon..

Comment

Congrats

Comment

That’s just awesome. Congrats

Comment

Congrats to all.

Comment

That is an awesome trip!!

Comment

Originally posted by jds247 View Post
                    Thanks again Daniel.. If any of you guys want to hunt or have kids that hunt Daniel is top notch.. He worked very hard and was patient with my sons.. He worked with both of them on shot placement as well as setting them up to succeed.. The facilities at the ranch are great . I normally wouldn't bring my wife to hunting camp but they have done a great job with their place. I hope to bring the kids back soon..

Thanks Jeremy. I bet A and B are looking forward to processing all that meat, or at least to eating it. Haha

Comment

Originally posted by Tex View Post
                      Thanks Jeremy. I bet A and B are looking forward to processing all that meat, or at least to eating it. Haha

The first thing bryndon ask when we got home was what time are you cooking back strap lol.. I'm lucky to be off work the rest of the week.

Comment

Congrats

Comment

Originally posted by jds247 View Post
                          The first thing bryndon ask when we got home was what time are you cooking back strap lol.. I'm lucky to be off work the rest of the week.

Yeah after seeing those tender loins I think I would skip the turkey and stuffing and go with steak and potatoes.

Comment

Nice! That is some good eating. Congrats to all the hunters

Comment

Working...
                            X