No announcement yet.

2020 Pushmataha county/SE Oklahoma

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hoping the good times start soon...I was in the stand from last Thursday through Monday..not much moving but I had mid day encounters with both target bucks just couldn’t get one to cooperate with a shot. Other than those two encounters it was does and small bucks. Beats any day at work but definitely looking forward to some better action!

Comment

Anyone else seen any deer moving? wish it was cooler.

Comment

Hunted Tuesday-Sunday. Morning movement every day. Little to no buck action. Hitting hand corn hard eating the 3-5 pounds we put down every hunt.

I had the biggest mistake of my bowhunting career on Wednesday. Had one of the biggest bucks we have had this year come in following a doe. He stood dead downwind with only 6-8ft of elevation differences and had me pegged for 4 minutes. The doe ment more to him than I did. I rushed a shot and made a bad shot. Backed out and waited 17 hours to track with a dog to no avail. Searched the following few days and nothing. Maybe he survived but I doubt it as there were gut matters on the arrow. Learned alot from my mistakes and hope to do better in the future. Just so disappointed in myself. Been waiting for years and passing on younger deer just to screw it up when it was game time. Still trying to get over it. Not sure I will for a long while.

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by arrowslinger View Post
          Hunted Tuesday-Sunday. Morning movement every day. Little to no buck action. Hitting hand corn hard eating the 3-5 pounds we put down every hunt.

I had the biggest mistake of my bowhunting career on Wednesday. Had one of the biggest bucks we have had this year come in following a doe. He stood dead downwind with only 6-8ft of elevation differences and had me pegged for 4 minutes. The doe ment more to him than I did. I rushed a shot and made a bad shot. Backed out and waited 17 hours to track with a dog to no avail. Searched the following few days and nothing. Maybe he survived but I doubt it as there were gut matters on the arrow. Learned alot from my mistakes and hope to do better in the future. Just so disappointed in myself. Been waiting for years and passing on younger deer just to screw it up when it was game time. Still trying to get over it. Not sure I will for a long while.

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

I am sorry to hear this. It happens to the best out there, Tim.

All I can say is that you put yourself in the position on a quality animal and got to full draw which is more than a lot can say. I hate that you were unable to recover this buck.

Praying for a set of salvaged antlers for you on your next trip up.

#StayInTheFight

Comment

That’s tough bud, the deer will probably die so like bommer said go salvage his horns.

I’m getting my butt kicked on a old old old deer here. Deer probably won’t break 160 but one of the toughest deer I’ve hunted in a while. Spends to much time on someone else’s property. Maybe these up coming cool nights will get the deer back to moving a little bit.

If you guys can afford to feed them right now they are hungry hungry, no acorns to speak of.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Excited to get to back on the family farm in Choctaw county for rifle season, looks like the weather will turn for the cold that Sunday/Monday too.

Comment

I come to check this thread every year thanks for doing it. I hunt in honobia been out since Thursday and staying all week haven’t been seeing any movement. Been on the bottom wondering if I should hunt some ridges. Have one big 8 that made some big scrapes and a big rubs late October but haven’t seen him since. Thanks

Comment

For those of us who aren’t at a cheer competition this morning....Good Luck!
                  Last edited by 3whunt; 11-21-2020, 06:24 AM. Reason: Fat fingers

Comment

Very very slow in honobia since Thursday

Comment

We’ll, my dad hunted my stand for me and shot our #1 hitlister. Too lazy to learn to post pics but is anybody is interested I can text pics.

Comment

First Push buck this evening.

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

Comment

holy cow. thats a big one

Comment

Originally posted by coonazz View Post
                            First Push buck this evening.

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

That’s a dandy! Congrats

Comment

[QUOTE=coonazz;15274580]First Push buck this evening.

Nice looking buck. Congratulations!!

Comment

As rut appears to be going good this week, how long does it typically last? 1 week or more?

Comment

Working...
                                X