No announcement yet.

Motor home remodel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice job on the interior! We have a 2002 Jamboree GT 31' on the E450 chassis, but with the V10 (wish we had the 7.3).

Did you get up on the roof to check condition of all the covers and how good they are sealed?
    The first couple of pics shows a little delamination of the side panels.
    Specifically on the passenger side front corner of the overhead bed and on the driver side under the rear window.
    Those usually start as roof leaks.

We had issues with our roof where it folds over the edge seam at the top of the side walls.
    The roof liner was getting thin there and some of our covers were getting old and the plastic gets brittle and cracks.

This is what the cover of over our fridge vent looked like.

(Sorry about the large picture...)

Comment

Quality work sir.

Rwc

Comment

wow! nice job on the remodel! mom has skills!

Comment

Really nice job!

Comment

Way cool ! Looks great. I’ve always thought about doing it but am afraid of the cost. Approximately what did it cost to “ remodel” it ? If you don’t mind.
            Last edited by critter69; 11-12-2020, 09:04 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by rebelbow View Post
              wow! nice job on the remodel! mom has skills!
              She had a little help 😉 👍

Comment

Originally posted by kmack View Post
                Nice job on the interior! We have a 2002 Jamboree GT 31' on the E450 chassis, but with the V10 (wish we had the 7.3).

Did you get up on the roof to check condition of all the covers and how good they are sealed?
                The first couple of pics shows a little delamination of the side panels.
                Specifically on the passenger side front corner of the overhead bed and on the driver side under the rear window.
                Those usually start as roof leaks.

We had issues with our roof where it folds over the edge seam at the top of the side walls.
                The roof liner was getting thin there and some of our covers were getting old and the plastic gets brittle and cracks.

This is what the cover of over our fridge vent looked like.

(Sorry about the large picture...)

This was the first thing I looked at. Recoating the roof was the first project we tackled. Everything is solid

Comment

Id say yall knocked that out of the park sir

Comment

Man that looks great

Comment

Originally posted by critter69 View Post
                      Way cool ! Looks great. I’ve always thought about doing it but am afraid of the cost. Approximately what did it cost to “ remodel” it ? If you don’t mind.
                      Just saw this question. I would say all in all we probably put about 1500$,maybe, into it and 600$ of that was having the roof resealed and a complete detail/gelcoat

Comment

Looks awesome. Great work

Comment

Originally posted by WildMatt84 View Post
                          Just saw this question. I would say all in all we probably put about 1500$,maybe, into it and 600$ of that was having the roof resealed and a complete detail/gelcoat
                          Heck that’s not bad, did you guys do the reapolsetry your self or have some recover all your cushions ? That’s the part I figure I would not be able to do myself, and have no clue as to cost.

Comment

Originally posted by critter69 View Post
                            Heck that’s not bad, did you guys do the reapolsetry your self or have some recover all your cushions ? That’s the part I figure I would not be able to do myself, and have no clue as to cost.
                            So we did all of that ourselves. I would love to say the idea was 100% ours, but there are tons of videos on YouTube on how to do this. We purchased black vinyl from Hobby Lobby and then cut plywood to match the back of the coushins. Then we just stretched and stapled the vinyl to the plywood

Comment

Working...
                            X