Missouri Opener

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Missouri Opener

...is nearly here!! Wednesday the 15th is the day!

I managed to get a few trail cameras out on some public land back in the middle of August. Since there is no baiting in Missouri, I had to find some well used trails to put them on (I guess that is why they are called trail cameras and not feeder cameras). <edit: I have since found out that I can put out a mineral block or salt block as long as it doesn't have any food or food scent in it....Tractor Supply here I come! >

Found a fat doe, like the one I shot last year, that needs to find her way to my freezer, and a couple of young bucks. The guy that pulled this memory card for me kicked out 3 bucks on the way to the camera. One was an 8pt outside the ears (approx. 16" spread) and a 140-150 class 10pt. The other was a basket 8pt, and I am guessing that it is the one that we caught on camera still in velvet.

Click image for larger version

Name:	ICAM0001-1sm.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	143.2 KB
ID:	24821280

Name:	ICAM0007-3sm.JPG
Size:	144.1 KB
ID:	24821281

Name:	ICAM0010-4 little bucksm.JPG
Size:	128.6 KB
ID:	24821282

Name:	ICAM0016-5sm.JPG
Size:	130.3 KB
ID:	24821283

Name:	ICAM0021-6sm.JPG
Size:	137.7 KB
ID:	24821284

Name:	ICAM0024-7 8ptsm.JPG
Size:	167.9 KB
ID:	24821285

Name:	ICAM0031-8 fat old doe_sm.JPG
Views:	2
Size:	139.5 KB
ID:	24821286

Name:	ICAM0033-9 3 doessm.JPG
Size:	129.1 KB
ID:	24821287

Name:	ICAM0036-10 3 doessm.JPG
Size:	127.1 KB
ID:	24821288

Good luck getting some venison in the freezer......

Comment

Good luck on sticking something.

Comment

Looking pretty good.
        (3) big-headed doe in that last photo.
        Good Luck.
        Scott

Comment

Our opener in Illinois is Oct 1. Can't wait.

Comment

I can't wait to get up there. Going to be hunting up there for a week starting the Friday after Thanksgiving.

Comment

Go Gettem' Mudshack. I am ready for the draw. That will be a GREAT hunt

Comment

Any idea what it cost for an out of state license?

Comment

I think that the out of state license (2 deer tags and 2 turkey tags) cost $300. Bowanta can tell you, he lives on the wrong side of the state line. But then you can buy extra doe only tags for $7.50.

While hanging stands yesterday I had a 140" class buck in velvet walk to within 15yds in the tall grass before he realized two guys were covered in sweat and talking with normal voices.

Wednesday the 15th can't get here soon enough.

Comment

Thanks for the info Mudshack. I may give Missouri a shot next year. Do they always start their season that early?

Comment

In my two seasons up here, both have been Sept 15th - Jan. 15th. I think Kansas starts a week later.

Comment

A little late as I was out in the woods of CO over the weekend.

I hunt MO every year for the last four. Prices have seriously increased two years ago but still a great deal. Some brutes up north were I hunt.

Non Res - archery - $225 - two deer (one buck/doe or two doe) and two turkey either sex.

Addl doe tags - $25.

John

Comment

Kansas opens the 20th....

Good luck!

Comment

I got an invite from a friend up there, will be hunting his farm in the Springfield area.

Comment

Originally posted by John K View Post
                              A little late as I was out in the woods of CO over the weekend.

I hunt MO every year for the last four. Prices have seriously increased two years ago but still a great deal. Some brutes up north were I hunt.

Non Res - archery - $225 - two deer (one buck/doe or two doe) and two turkey either sex.

Addl doe tags - $25.

John
                              Yeah, I flinched pretty hard when I found that out. But, I figure what the heck... not like I get the chance to do it all the time.

Comment

Working...
                              X