Dualsport riders in Austin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dualsport riders in Austin

Anybody ride dual sport motorcycles around Austin? We are ridding out to Click tx tomorrow

I am a DSer in Colorado. 2010 F800GS.

Give a shout if you are out this way.

John

Comment

Good deal my dad just got a F800GS. It's a screamer!!

Comment

It is a screamer for a DS. Just put a Leo Vince carbon exhaust on it today.

Seriously, if you make it this way for any of the AdvRider stuff or just to get out, give a shout.

Late July is when most of the passes will be open.

John

Comment

Old thread but was wondering was anyone riding ADVENTURE or DUAL SPORT motorcycle on here. I just acquired a older model Kawasaki Versy's 650. Low mileage, looks great and goes like a banshee unleashed. I had not had my own bike since college so decided to try this one out. I am looking at the market now and it is amazing what is in this category......wowzer! I guess I will be looking hard this winter to trade this one in for a bigger rig with more bells and whistles.

Comment

I didn’t know this thread was that old, never looked at the date.
            I went down a YouTube rabbit hole the other day. Watched a lot of vids of duel sport riders in Co, NM UT and - WY….looks like an amazing way to spend a week or two, three

Comment

I have been thinking really seriously of getting a bike. Many years ago I met a tbhr (think his handle was KTM) and he was telling about his trips and how you can ride across the states on something like 90% dirt roads. Doing something like the Trans-America trail sounds like a great adventure. Has been crossing my mind for a few months now. Recently went to Kawasaki dealer to pick up oil change for my mule and saw they had a couple bikes in there. Seeing those really got me going.

Comment

Just got started last year with a Yamaha 250 XT. Only ridden short trips around Alvin and Hidden Falls Adventure Park. So far I have really enjoyed it. Hoping to work up to a weekend trip to Arkansas and back.

Comment

I ride a Honda XR650L, been on some great trips like riding the TAT in Colorado, Utah, Nevada and Arizona, around to 2,500 miles per trip.

Comment

oh wow!!! I guess I am not the only one that has bitten by the bug for something more adventurous during down times from bowhunting.
                    I was hoping the new TransAlp XL 750 by Honda was going to be in showrooms by now but again HONDA is slow to get them to the usa. Rumors are all over the place on that incredible bike.....being nicknamed by folks everywhere as the Baby African Twin. Yes, The Africa Twin is just a beast.......not made for folks barely 5'9" but that may be the trade in for me if the TransAlp dont get here soon. I can handle bigger bikes but it would be nice to have more than my toes on the ground.....lol. Also the the BMW GS 850 or 1100 have my full attention but lots of complaints on maintenance costs. Not that they breakdown just expensive upkeep and servicing. I want to do the 3 mountain passes in west texas first..........then stretch out to the big boy mountains for a week or two.

Comment

Originally posted by topher View Post
                      I ride a Honda XR650L, been on some great trips like riding the TAT in Colorado, Utah, Nevada and Arizona, around to 2,500 miles per trip.
                      Niiiiiiice.........

Comment

Originally posted by Masmak View Post
                        Just got started last year with a Yamaha 250 XT. Only ridden short trips around Alvin and Hidden Falls Adventure Park. So far I have really enjoyed it. Hoping to work up to a weekend trip to Arkansas and back.
                        Your bike and Topher's bike reminds me of where I started with a Honda XL 185 back in the day. Same look and vibe!

Comment

Working...
                        X