No announcement yet.

What caliber for AR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

.300 blackout, 6.5 Grendel, or 6.8. If your just shooting to 150 yards all will do the same thing pretty equal. the .300 would be a bit better for suppressed, the 6.5 and 6.8 are better at distances beyond 150 yards. The good thing about the blackout would be it uses the exact same magazines as the 5.56 so you can pick them up anywhere.

Comment

Did anyone say 6.5 Grendel yet?

Comment

6x45. Expand the case to .243 and go.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

I love my .223, has killed every hog and deer I have I shot. Try not to shoot over 100 yards.
          Killed this boar Saturday.
          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by 35remington View Post
            Did anyone say 6.5 Grendel yet?

Dilly Dilly!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

You will buy more than one upper, it's inevitable.

I'd personally go 5.56 for a first AR upper so you can actually afford to shoot it then add another caliber later on

Comment

Let's see, I've got a .223, 6.5 Grendel, 6.8 SPC and .450 Bushmaster. I think one of each is the best combination.......

Comment

For the same mags, bolt , 6x45, if you want a bit more power, 6.5 Grendel. If you want high horsepower for 150 yards, .458 Socom. There are others. 6.5 TCU would also use same mags, bolt.

Comment

6.8 spc or 6.5 grendel. Both will kill the exact same. I find it easier to find a variety of ammo for 6.8

Comment

I went with the Grendel to have a little more umph for pigs and because the recoil is fairly low. This will be my granddaughters pig/ deer gun next year or the year after.

Comment

grennny for sure. just helped a friend put one together and its saawweeeeeeeeeet

Comment

New to the AR thing myself and ended up with a 300 blackout and it will punch a hog,especially if ballistic tip ammo is used

Comment

Originally posted by Clay C View Post
                            He won't be able to modify his current gun into a Creedmoor

Creed I say is a much better all around round than a Grendel. Who cares about what he has now if he builds it and it’s not what he wants ? Better to sell off the parts now before sinking big money into a finished product that imho can’t compete with a creed.

I’d sell off the parts and go Creed all day long and twice on Sunday. Creedmore is insane what it can accomplish. Might be my favorite round in the world.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Do you reload? 350 Legend is a great handloader's cartridge. Winchester did a bad job of rolling out ammo for it but there is a lot of potential there. The Grendel will be effective on deer and hogs up to 300 yards, but the Legend will be a sledgehammer within 100 yards. If you're into wildcats, 358 Yeti is a good one from Mad Dog Weapons but like the Grendel, it'll need a different bolt than the .223 bolt.
                              Last edited by blaqkpanda; 09-09-2019, 02:23 PM.

Comment

Not a reloader at the moment, but thanks for the tip. Thanks all for the info, lots of good leads for the new toy.

Comment

Working...
                                X