Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can we have a legit conversation about crossbows?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have killed two pigs and a nice fallow with mine. Last week I started shooting my wheelie bow again, so far I aint hurtin so I may put down the crossbow. Dont know yet.
    Last edited by Radar; 01-10-2020, 09:40 PM.

Comment

Yessir Radar!! That’s a good way to fill the freezer!

Comment

Glad to hear you are healing up!

Comment

Glad to see pictures of you with your girly bow Radar![emoji23] Congrats buddy, glad you're feeling better. Don't rush anything, no shame in hunting with the xbow.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Comment

Went to x bow a couple of years ago. Love it. Shot this axis same weekend Radar shot the fallow.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

My thing with crossbows is that people who have never bow hunted in their life buy one and treat it like a gun. Shoot 100 yards cause a TV add said it could. Shoot at deer regardless of the situation. It’s great that the device gets older guys out huntin when they couldn’t. It’s for sure great that the device allows handicap and injured folks out. It’s great that it gets anyone out there doing it. If all folks had a grasp on its limitations vs. a gun, fine by me. To each their own. Heck, I hunt with traditional equipment only. I’m sure some folks have ethics problems with that. Know yours and your equipment’s limitations.

Comment

I had tennis elbow years ago so bad I had to change jobs to keep from steadily messing it up. Hadn’t bothered me for 20 or so hrs. Until I drove a 8 foot copper rod in the ground with a t-post driver. Needed to ground my electrical box. That messed me up for 3 deer seasons. I bought a crossbow and had to use it for those three seasons. I finally got to where I could draw my bow back and started using it again. Right before this season started my arm started bothering me again. I have turned it down as much as you can and can barely get it drawn back. I’m wanting to get some lower poundage limbs so I can keep using it but what ever it takes to be in the woods is what I’ll do. Be it crossbow or not. I still let them get in to 20 yds with the crossbow though. Every time I tried to pull back my bow it felt like something wanted to rip or tear.

Comment

Originally posted by Radar View Post
                  [ATTACH]976371[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]976372[/ATTACH]

I have killed two pigs and a nice fallow with mine. Last week I started shooting my wheelie bow again, so far I aint hurtin so I may put down the crossbow. Dont know yet.

That’s a mighty fine haul there. Congrats on a great weekend.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

I have three xbows and last I counted 5 wheel bows and a long bow. I shoot and hunt with them all. Just hunt who cares what others think they can pound sand!

Comment

Originally posted by KenWood View Post
                      My thing with crossbows is that people who have never bow hunted in their life buy one and treat it like a gun. Shoot 100 yards cause a TV add said it could. Shoot at deer regardless of the situation. It’s great that the device gets older guys out huntin when they couldn’t. It’s for sure great that the device allows handicap and injured folks out. It’s great that it gets anyone out there doing it. If all folks had a grasp on its limitations vs. a gun, fine by me. To each their own. Heck, I hunt with traditional equipment only. I’m sure some folks have ethics problems with that. Know yours and your equipment’s limitations.

Yep. I’m a crossbow guy myself, out of preference and not necessary and not ashamed of it. I totally agree with this and it’s one reason I won’t buy a Ravin. Their advertisement is not doing anyone any favors

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

In many states a crossbow is not legal during archery season except for handicapped and some other exceptions here and there.
                        If I were the guy who had to decide the law, I would personally allow them during archery only season for those under 12 and over 60 and those with physical impairments. But thankfully I don't have to make that decision and irritate people on both sides of the fence.
                        We have one and may use it to harvest a doe just to try it.
                        If I shot one, my big buck would have been down on my first sit this year and if I shot a compound I would have been done on my second sit this year, as it is I choose a longbow and have been 12 yards from my target buck multiple times already w/o a clean shot which is frustrating and fun at the same time. We all get satisfaction at different levels and time available to hunt often dictates our desires as well.

Comment

I am a die hard bow hunter and use my Hoyt 90% of the time. That being said, I still enjoy killing one or two deer every year with a crossbow and gun. Hunting is hunting no matter what you do with it. If it gets you in the woods and allows you to heal faster and properly then go get you a crossbow.

Comment

Working...
                          X