fort worth ex officer?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TeamAmerica View Post
    Sad sad sad. It seems like this could have been prevented. I would really like to hear what other officers believe proper procedure would be when responding to an "open structure". the news that her nephew said she pulled a gun out of her purse seems very relevant but not sure it really changes anything.

remember when cops didn't wear body cams?

And to over simplify this and the Guyger case - could both have been prevented if ONLY two people had fully closed their front door(s)!!??
    So people should always have to have their front doors closed, and should never carry guns in their house, is that what you're saying? I know some will think I'm out of step on this forum, but I think police should have to clearly identify a threat before firing, crazy right

Comment

Originally posted by Death from Above View Post
      Wow...had not read she had a gun. What a tragedy.

I cannot imagine the grief for the family or the officer.
      Her having a gun makes no difference, having a gun in your own residence is not a crime.

Comment

Originally posted by RJH1 View Post
        So people should always have to have their front doors closed, and should never carry guns in their house, is that what you're saying? I know some will think I'm out of step on this forum, but I think police should have to clearly identify a threat before firing, crazy right
        Well, if this door had not been open for 4 hours 10 pm to 2 am there never would have been a call to the police. Surly you dont think its normal for a person in 2019 to leave their door open all night?

Yes the officer screwed up,( not identifying himself) Yes there was a gun mentioned in the very first report i heard the morning of this deal and it is extremely tragic. I absolutely believe mistakes were made and that consequences need to be paid but i also dont believe the police should be judged for a micro second decision before they have an opportunity to defend their actions

Comment

Well, maybe just when you shoot a person in their own house, when they are not doing anything illegal (I know it was not her house, but she was there with the owners consent).

Or do you go with the, "Woops, my bad, sorry i killed you" defense and we then hand out the "**** happens" acquittal.

Sorry people, actions have consequences. Shooting people for playing video games in a house they have a right to be in is BS, regardless of the shirt you are wearing.

All my statements assume the facts are fairly close to what is being reported, and there has not been some fast and loose editing going on
          Funny how when a LEO shoots someone liberals want to look at everything as though they were conservative. But when a POS criminal shoots someone they only use liberal logic...like the gun did it..he was raised bad so not his fault and on and on and on...

Sure no one including LEO should murder anyone. But the rush to find and prosecute all these "bad" cops is stupid.

Comment

From my post "And to over simplify this and the Guyger case". i don't think this is worthy of a big debate. legal or common sense - who cares. but yes, if my door is open after dark (or at 2:30 in the morning), i'm either ignorant of this fact or lack common sense. i live in dallas and my alarm is armed as soon as it get's dark and the kids are in bed for the night - period.

Comment

Originally posted by flywise View Post
              Well, if this door had not been open for 4 hours 10 pm to 2 am there never would have been a call to the police. Surly you dont think its normal for a person in 2019 to leave their door open all night?

Yes the officer screwed up,( not identifying himself) Yes there was a gun mentioned in the very first report i heard the morning of this deal and it is extremely tragic. I absolutely believe mistakes were made and that consequences need to be paid but i also dont believe the police should be judged for a micro second decision before they have an opportunity to defend their actions

Comment

Originally posted by Death from Above View Post
                Wow...had not read she had a gun. What a tragedy.

I cannot imagine the grief for the family or the officer.
                I can’t imagine the grief or the family and also the neighbor who called the cops. I know that I don’t know the circumstances of the neighbors relationship but if it were me I would probably have gone over and checked on the house maybe self, again, I’m unaware of details.

Comment

No, we wouldn't have. Your speculation in different scenarios is just that, speculation and different scenarios.

If he would have walked up to the front door, while using a little caution we would have had no story.
                  ... and of course, you would known all of that prior to the call. And I thought it was hindsight.

Sure I speculated. You are doing the same. Every single time an officer approaches any call or any public contact... they had better be speculating on what might happen.

If officers don’t continually play “what if”, there will be more dead cops.

Comment

White officer, black victim. Front page nation wide. Sad all the way around. An innocent person is dead and a police officer is ruined and may as well be dead.

A few years back an older white gentleman was shot and killed standing in his garage with the door up. Officers responded to the wrong address and killed him. Barley made the news. No officers were charged. https://www.courthousenews.com/panel...illed-by-cops/

Like Willie said "this chit ain't right"

Comment

Wasn't it a few years ago that FWPD killed a white home owner in his own garage that was carring a weapon after they approached his house by mistake?

They had received a dispatch and went to the wrong address/street and approached this person with pistols drawn as he worked in his garage he tried to pull his pistol and they shot him. Not much different than this other than the victim here is black. To be honest I do not know what happen to the two police officers that shot him?

It seems the media blows these tragedies out of proportion if it meets the current agenda for sure.

Prayers for this young ladies family!

Comment

Originally posted by muzzlebrake View Post
                        White officer, black victim. Front page nation wide. Sad all the way around. An innocent person is dead and a police officer is ruined and may as well be dead.

A few years back an older white gentleman was shot and killed standing in his garage with the door up. Officers responded to the wrong address and killed him. Barley made the news. No officers were charged. https://www.courthousenews.com/panel...illed-by-cops/

you beat me to it!

Comment

Originally posted by flywise View Post

I got it, leave your door open for a cool breeze while playing video games=shoot in 2019.

And of course you believe popo shouldn't be judged, maybe people with that attitude is why police think shooting first and acquiring information later is justifiable

Comment

Originally posted by RiverRat1 View Post
                            Funny how when a LEO shoots someone liberals want to look at everything as though they were conservative. But when a POS criminal shoots someone they only use liberal logic...like the gun did it..he was raised bad so not his fault and on and on and on...

Sure no one including LEO should murder anyone. But the rush to find and prosecute all these "bad" cops is stupid.
                            So you are saying people should be held accountable for their actions, so when a person gets shot while attempting to protect their family (what the lady appears to have been doing) the shooter in the back yard should be held accountable, I agree.

IDK where the liberal comments come from, i think we should all be held accountable for our actions, regardless of our clothes. If that makes me a liberal well, it would be strange, but OK

Comment

Originally posted by tvc184 View Post
                              ... and of course, you would known all of that prior to the call. And I thought it was hindsight.

Sure I speculated. You are doing the same. Every single time an officer approaches any call or any public contact... they had better be speculating on what might happen.

If officers don’t continually play “what if”, there will be more dead cops.
                              It appears if they overplay the "what if" there are more dead people who were shot for no reason

Comment

Originally posted by muzzlebrake View Post

First I have heard of this, and it too is some serious BS.

Comment

Working...
                                X