Browning Strike Force

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Browning Strike Force

stopped working after about 3200 pics. Brought it home and checked the batteries and they were all at above 10.2 / 10.5 volts, so not dead....

The camera flashes on and then goes off or blinks off/on. I changed the batteries and it's working.... the box says 10,000 Pics on one set of batteries...

Do ya'll think it's the batteries (Harbor Freight batteries) but they THEY WERE NOT DEAD!!!

What gives?

Mine did the same thing brand new batteries

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

I would suspect the cheap batteries are the culprit. Their output might not be consistent.

You might check to make sure the battery tray was seated properly.

Comment

Originally posted by ATI View Post
        stopped working after about 3200 pics. Brought it home and checked the batteries and they were all at above 10.2 / 10.5 volts, so not dead....

The camera flashes on and then goes off or blinks off/on. I changed the batteries and it's working.... the box says 10,000 Pics on one set of batteries...

Do ya'll think it's the batteries (Harbor Freight batteries) but they THEY WERE NOT DEAD!!!

What gives?
        I'd put lithiums in there. Also, check for firmware updates.

Comment

If you're not using black and silver batteries with the word energizer on the side, you're using the wrong batteries. I've invested too much time in cameras and gas driving back and forth to risk not getting pics over pennies per battery.

Comment

Batteries are probably the issue.
            I sent one in for repair and they called and said that they couldn’t find any issues. They then asked what batteries I was using.
            If I remember correctly the manual states what kind of batteries to use.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I called Browning a few years ago, and they told me that all of their cameras are designed to use lithium batteries. I used to get about 1 month of life out of normal Duracell or Energizer batteries. After switching over to Energizer Ultimate Lithium Batteries, I go all season without a change. Best thing I ever did. I buy them on sale in bulk.

Comment

An alkaline battery AA reads 1.5+ volts. They can't read 10.2-10.5.....

Comment

AA, AAA and other, less standard, batteries put out a nominal voltage of 1.5 volts. The voltage in these batteries will slowly decrease throughout the batteries' lifespans. The batteries will continue working until the voltage reaches 1.1V, at which point the batteries are no longer useful and must be replaced.

I'm going to suggest your batteries were dead...and you didn't now how to meter them..

Comment

Originally posted by sideways View Post
                    Mine did the same thing brand new batteries

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
                    what did you do? return it, or is it working fine now?

Comment

Definitely batteries. Game cameras no matter the make seem to really hate the cheaper batteries out there.

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                        An alkaline battery AA reads 1.5+ volts. They can't read 10.2-10.5.....
                        sorry, 1.2 / 1.5 not 10.2...
                        My wife's batter also died on Sunday and I checked her battery and got the numbers mixed up.

Comment

Originally posted by 44mAG View Post
                          I called Browning a few years ago, and they told me that all of their cameras are designed to use lithium batteries. I used to get about 1 month of life out of normal Duracell or Energizer batteries. After switching over to Energizer Ultimate Lithium Batteries, I go all season without a change. Best thing I ever did. I buy them on sale in bulk.
                          I get several months out of Energizers in all my Brownings. I've never tried the lithiums.

Comment

One more thing.... I have been using the Harbor Freight ALKALINES for years with no issues. Probably have 4-24 packs sitting in my cabin right now. At $4.99 for 24 when I can find them on sale with a coupon is a pretty good deal in my book. I get great life with them on my Brownings..

Their HF "heavy duty regular non alkaline" batteries are junk..

Comment

I prefer Duracell batteries. I'll buy some Duracell Lithiums and try them.
                              I got a pack of free batteries from HF and thought WTH, I'll try these....

we'll see....

Comment

Working...
                              X