No announcement yet.

Guest Mistake Stories...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So you leased land and gave 4 trophy tags and are mad because a wife used one? What’s it matter if it was wife kid or husband as long as only 4 total....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by ethic1 View Post
      So you leased land and gave 4 trophy tags and are mad because a wife used one? What’s it matter if it was wife kid or husband as long as only 4 total....

He was saying that her husband had already shot his trophy. Some of the other hunters on the lease hadn't filled their trophy tag so this guy told his wife to shoot this buck.

Not a problem in my eyes if the guy had paid the other hunters for their trophy tag.

Comment

I guess I don’t get it. I see his complaint but don’t understand it. If anyone in our group couldn’t finish the season they would let a wife shoot the trophy. As long as the group leasing doesn’t shoot more than 4 I don’t see the issue.

Comment

the lease is filled out with the name of the 4 hunters at the beginning of each season that are able to shoot deer out there. No one else is allowed. (unless permission from family of ours for a doe etc...) Keeps from people doing exactly this...more people in more stands and first one to see the big buck shoots it. Doesnt work like that at our place. Yes it is just another trophy tag but its not up for grabs type of thing.

Comment

so if she doesnt shoot it, the other people on the list would have the opportunity to shoot the buck next year also. Didn't go over well shooting the biggest buck ever seen out there.

Comment

Originally posted by Encinal View Post
              I've had people shoot deer and drag them off because they knew they screwed up...

I know a guy that worked a corporate lease that took new clients every week. His dog was trained to jump out of the truck and check for blood around the feeder while he picked up the clients from the blind.
              Wow!

Comment

You handled it right...he messed up but no reason to toss a fit, as it wasn't the wife's fault or gonna change the dead deer lying there.

Comment

I was going to put my Brother In Law story in here. But I took a look back and I already did back in 2014 page 6 of this thread

Comment

Was guiding for a neighbor of mine who had some clients come down for a management hunt and one of the guys asked if he could bring his brother Leroy that just lost his wife for a get away...he obliged and even was going to let Leroy hunt doe or coyotes etc....I drop Leroy off at a blind to hunt by himself because the owner had told him what he could shoot right?... well big mistake...my hunter and I go to our blind a nice 8 point management deer comes in so we take him and after pics etc I say heck lets go pickup your brother and he will be excited to see your deer...on the way to Leroy we see he is out of the stand looking around like for a blood trail...we get up to him and I say well did you get something and he said yes 3 of them...I said 3 coyotes or doe? he said heck no 3 big bucks and my stomach turned to mush...well did you see where they went? he said two this way and one that way and I find the first about 180" yikes...I say lets go get help as I wanted to warn the landowner and dang I just felt like crap....we go get the owner who is livid but keeps his composer and we find all 3 1-180 1-160 and about a 135 8 point all of which were going to see another year as he was managing the place etc. Not a good night for old Leroy and company but the company that sent them down paid for the deer and all was good on the negative I had 3 deer to clean!!! and **** he did not tip....and no this is not made up !!!

Comment

****it Leroy!

Comment

Originally posted by ForEverlast View Post
                        Was guiding for a neighbor of mine who had some clients come down for a management hunt and one of the guys asked if he could bring his brother Leroy that just lost his wife for a get away...he obliged and even was going to let Leroy hunt doe or coyotes etc....I drop Leroy off at a blind to hunt by himself because the owner had told him what he could shoot right?... well big mistake...my hunter and I go to our blind a nice 8 point management deer comes in so we take him and after pics etc I say heck lets go pickup your brother and he will be excited to see your deer...on the way to Leroy we see he is out of the stand looking around like for a blood trail...we get up to him and I say well did you get something and he said yes 3 of them...I said 3 coyotes or doe? he said heck no 3 big bucks and my stomach turned to mush...well did you see where they went? he said two this way and one that way and I find the first about 180" yikes...I say lets go get help as I wanted to warn the landowner and dang I just felt like crap....we go get the owner who is livid but keeps his composer and we find all 3 1-180 1-160 and about a 135 8 point all of which were going to see another year as he was managing the place etc. Not a good night for old Leroy and company but the company that sent them down paid for the deer and all was good on the negative I had 3 deer to clean!!! and **** he did not tip....and no this is not made up !!!
                        Is this real life?

Comment

Originally posted by ForEverlast View Post
                          Lol
                          Killed 15k worth of deer for free lol

Comment

Originally posted by ethic1 View Post
                            ****it Leroy!

I really hope he yelled LEEEERRROOOOOYYY jjjeeeAAANNKINS!!! Right before he shot

Comment

Originally posted by Jspradley View Post
                              I really hope he yelled LEEEERRROOOOOYYY jjjeeeAAANNKINS!!! Right before he shot

[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Comment

Leroy knew what he was doing

Comment

Working...
                                X