Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sylvester Turner

Is this guy a scumbag or not....

He has tried to be mayor for 30 years...finally rode the backs of all these liberals in the inner cities and got it....

If I thought what he is doing to the firefighters wasnt bad enough...now he is caught lying about a family friend he got a $100k job for during a hiring freeze...and lied about it....

I hope this idiot is gone this time...and I dont even live in Houston

I posted this on the other forum, but it's more fitting here. You missed the million dollar fire truck, courtside tickets to the Rockets, misappropriation of Federal Harvey funds, a subordinate that has meetings with only people of color, the list goes on and on. KPRC 950 and ABC13 have been reporting on him big time lately.

Abbott called out Mayor Turner here in Houston for misuse of Harvey funds too.

https://twitter.com/GregAbbott_TX/st...17377320394752

Also, ABC13 is investigating where all the money went. I hope something comes out of this, and Turner is no longer mayor come this fall. It's amazing the amount of corruption in his office that no one in Houston seems to know about.

https://abc13.com/slow-pace-costs-ho...money/5591789/

Comment

Originally posted by WItoTX View Post
      I posted this on the other forum, but it's more fitting here. You missed the million dollar fire truck, courtside tickets to the Rockets, misappropriation of Federal Harvey funds, a subordinate that has meetings with only people of color, the list goes on and on. KPRC 950 and ABC13 have been reporting on him big time lately.

https://twitter.com/GregAbbott_TX/st...17377320394752

Also, ABC13 is investigating where all the money went. I hope something comes out of this, and Turner is no longer mayor come this fall. It's amazing the amount of corruption in his office that no one in Houston seems to know about.

truth

Comment

His voters will vote for him despite anything that comes up on these investigations. It's sad. But that's where we are.

Comment

Sad situation and I'm glad I'm not in Houston anymore. Between the clown show that is Shelia Jackson Lee and this dude. No telling how many tax dollars have been embezzeled, wasted, given out as favors, etc. That being said, I am sure it is the case for most big cities. Government waste is one of my biggest pet peeves, not just a Houston problem.

Comment

Originally posted by WItoTX View Post

Fox26 is all over him too especially for the airport "intern"... they had him dead to rights in an interview last night and made him look just like the shyster he really is. Supposed to be a follow up on it tonight... Sylvester's problem is he's likely not smart enough to keep himself out of jail by the time all the investigating is done...

Comment

Originally posted by MacDaddy67 View Post

If I thought what he is doing to the firefighters wasnt bad enough...
              Hate to disagree with you here, but the judge ruled it unconstitutional. FF’s aren’t the same as the PD, and they shouldn’t be paid the same. While both are important, they don’t do the same job.

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
                Fox26 is all over him too especially for the airport "intern"... they had him dead to rights in an interview last night and made him look just like the shyster he really is. Supposed to be a follow up on it tonight... Sylvester's problem is he's likely not smart enough to keep himself out of jail by the time all the investigating is done...
                Heard on Michael Berry the other day he has already pulled out the race card with regards to all these investigations.

Comment

Originally posted by Man View Post
                  Heard on Michael Berry the other day he has already pulled out the race card with regards to all these investigations.

That's all he's got... Don't matter though what dang color his skin is, it's dirty with corruption and he's being called out for it... Those Channel 26 investigative reporters are on his butt big time, and now Busby is running ads on on 26 and 2 that are wide open strong... and unfortunately for Turner, they are pretty factual from all accounts... Sure glad I'm not in Houston any longer... wish I could get my business HQ out of Harris County...

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
                    That's all he's got... Don't matter though what dang color his skin is, it's dirty with corruption and he's being called out for it... Those Channel 26 investigative reporters are on his butt big time, and now Busby is running ads on on 26 and 2 that are wide open strong... and unfortunately for Turner, they are pretty factual from all accounts... Sure glad I'm not in Houston any longer... wish I could get my business HQ out of Harris County...
                    Man I hope he doesn't get re-elected. I don't live in Houston, but I work and spend a lot of time and money within Houston, and it's too great of a city to go down the toilet like Detroit and Chicago have.

Comment

Originally posted by jonezy00 View Post
                      Hate to disagree with you here, but the judge ruled it unconstitutional. FF’s aren’t the same as the PD, and they shouldn’t be paid the same. While both are important, they don’t do the same job.

I don't out much stock in activists judges....

The people voted for it....what in the hell is unconstitutional about that....

They work for the taxpayers.....we forget that sometines

Comment

Originally posted by Chew View Post
                        His voters will vote for him despite anything that comes up on these investigations. It's sad. But that's where we are.
                        That's where we're at in Hempstead, too.

Mayor arrested for stealing from the city in the form of free utilities for his family and folks he liked.

Speak out against him and you're called a racist. If he was up for re-election tomorrow the same folks would vote him back in

Comment

Mac, the judge ruled prop b preempted the local government code, specifically 174. I realize the voters approved it, but the FF’s pushed it up knowing it might get snared in a suit. Chapter 174 sets forth rules for large departments.

I thought they (hfd) should have phased in the raises that way they get what they want and the city can balance the budget, which they’re required to do.

Comment

I have seen the pictures of them together. Is Turner on the down low.

If he is that makes about 3 decades of left handed Mayors for my city. We eat in Montrose regularly and near town also. Now days it is a bunch of yuppies and folks our age. Can't imagine we re-gentrified the area.

Hmmmm...............

Comment

Yeah I love certain things about Houston, and pretty much hate all the liberals. Sometimes it's like they're just blindly liberal. They hate the corruption and liberalism, but they still love the liberal figureheads and hate the conservatives. Most of the time if you actually talk to them they finally admit it, but not always.

Comment

Working...
                              X