No announcement yet.

Grim Reaper Razor Tip VS Wasp Jak Hammer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How are the grim reaper blades retained? Do they use o rings?

Comment

Originally posted by Jcjohnson View Post
      How are the grim reaper blades retained? Do they use o rings?
      No o-rings which why I like the grim reapers. They have an internal spring that keeps tension on the blades and keeps them closed.

Comment

Grim Reaper fan here!

Comment

I’ve also been told grim reapers fly no differently if you go ahead and open the blades prior to sending the arrow. The only benefit I guess I could see to that would be guillotine turkey shots? Either way I shoot the 2” grim reapers as well.

Comment

Originally posted by hogslayer78 View Post
            No o-rings which why I like the grim reapers. They have an internal spring that keeps tension on the blades and keeps them closed.
            That’s what I was hoping to hear, thanks!

Comment

Have been shooting Jak-Hammer 1 3/4" for years and they have always worked great for me. Thick blades and fly great. No experience with GRs but they look good.

Comment

I'm guessing my bow got knocked out of tune a little. My ramcats are now significantly off and i dont have a ton of time to go to the bow shop. rages shoot well. Any ideas if these heads will fly like the rages?

Comment

I've never shot the GRs, but I've been shooting the Jak Hammer 125 for MANY (15+)years. They are my go-to BH. I get consistently GREAT blood trails on hogs and deer.
                  My Flickr Photos

Comment

Originally posted by boyles77 View Post
                    I'm guessing my bow got knocked out of tune a little. My ramcats are now significantly off and i dont have a ton of time to go to the bow shop. rages shoot well. Any ideas if these heads will fly like the rages?
                    I'd recommend taking the time to tune. Even if they "fly" well, a BH (ANY BH, but especially a mech) will not get optimum penetration. I wouldn't recommend using a mechanical as a crutch for an improperly tuned bow.
                    My Flickr Photos

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post
                      I'd recommend taking the time to tune. Even if they "fly" well, a BH (ANY BH, but especially a mech) will not get optimum penetration. I wouldn't recommend using a mechanical as a crutch for an improperly tuned bow.
                      I totally understand. just out of time after work. I will get it tuned, just curious if they would work in a pinch. I do take the time to keep my equipment in proper working condition. but with that being said. Its always nice to be able to hunt on my one day off a week even if its not running 100%.

Comment

Originally posted by Justin Spies View Post
                        Which cut size?
                        1 3/4" cut

personally I like the o-ring system. I know that blade is gonna come open.

My buddy shot a fallow ( I was in the blind with him so I will say "we" shot a fallow) doe and he heart shot her, she ran quite a ways and then died.

when we got over there and skinned her and gutted her it didn't look like the blades had opened. Inspecting the arrow seemed to confirm this.

I know guys who love them, but I trust the o-ring more than retention springs.

FWIW, I am also a fan of Rocket Sidewinders. Big 2" cut and they fly good and penetrate deep. Shot a pronghorn at 84 yards, complete pass thru. he didn't make it 20 steps before he fell over. I've made some marginal shots on animals with them and they all went down.

Comment

I've killed a ton of deer with the 2" WTS Reapers in RazorTip. Bad broadheads... I use the 2 Blade Rage Extreme Chisel Tip and 4 Blade Hybrid now though. Still keep a Reaper in the quiver tho for fun and hogs

Comment

I might just have to try both!

Comment

Originally posted by boyles77 View Post
                              I am needing to get some new heads and I've narrowed it down to these two. Anyone shot both and prefer one over the other? Looking at 100gr on each. Which cut do you guys have the best luck with?

ben
                              I have shot both, I have Wasp in my Quiver

Comment

Working...
                              X