Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alright my time is nearly up. Had fun shooting Sac and wish I would have had a better outcome with her on the big buck. I still haven’t found him or sighted him anywhere on cam or in person. I’ve contacted CamoQuest and will be mailing her the bow this wknd. Thank you for the time.

Comment

I find it hard to know what to say in those situations. All of us go there at some point. Especially if you choose the discipline we have as it just raises the level of difficulty significantly. I just know how hard it is for me to deal with it personally. I'd like to say it's okay but when it happens to me it's not so I'll just leave it at I understand the frustration you must feel. However don't let it interfere with the next opportunity you have. I passed so many shots my second season of trad because I was so worried about wounding and losing another one.
      Deer are capable of surviving worse wounds than what you've described so hopefully you'll see him again.

Gary

Comment

Sacagawea is now in route to CamoQuest as of yesterday! Man what a great bow she is. I was fortunate to find the buck I shot alive and ended his journey but with a compound bow at 22 yds. The wound from the arrow deflection was pretty nasty and the bucks shoulder joint would come out of his back when he ran. They are some tough animals. Super happy to have had another chance at him and I guess I can say I got him somewhat with Trad gear. Based on the angle the arrow went in and exited you can see how bad the deflection was angled up and left. I appreciate the opportunity and look for way to seeing everyone else’s journey with Sacagawea!
        Attached Files

Comment

Glad you got him.

Gary

Comment

Congratulations on your deer! Happy endings make me smile.

Comment

Sacajawea arrived today, and received quite the welcome. I don’t think I’ve been that excited opening a box in years. Lots of thoughts went through my mind: what would she look like after all these years, how would it feel to hold a piece of history like this, would we get along, would I honor her and add worthy memories to her story...

The simple act of taking her from the case and seeing firsthand the craftsmanship that makes up this bow was a special feeling. Daniel was watching, and shared in the moment. It didn’t take long before Sacajawea was put together, strung, and in my hand, headed out the door.

The first few shots I took were up close. I wasn’t sure how my arrows would fly, but everything went smoothly. Then the mosquitoes attacked. And when I say attacked, I mean these things were so big they cast a shadow on the ground, and felt like horse flies. It is October, there is no call for 93 degrees, and the mosquitoes need to LEAVE.

My temporary solution was to pack up and head to Live Oak’s indoor range. Thank goodness for ac and no bugs, lol!

I started from 10 yards, to get a feel for the bow. There were some left over targets on the wall that I took advantage of...

This was the second round of 6 arrows.

After moving back and shooting some from 20 yards, I moved up to 15, and felt good about how things were going. The arrows I had with me were a hair on the stiff side, but nothing drastic. After reading some of the previous shooters’ experiences with the bow, I anticipated needing a lighter spine. I’ll have some built in a day or two, and go from there.

15 yards...

I’m excited at the prospect of adding to Sacajawea’s story, and look forward to the coming weeks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Looks like you're ready to get her bloody already.

Gary

Comment

Wow, CQ, your shooting that bow like you’ve had it for years!!!!!!

Good luck with her, and keep us updated!

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Awesome!!!! Excellent shooting

I noticed the string upside down on the bow?

Comment

Originally posted by Antlers86 View Post

I think that is just an optical illusion in the pic!!!!!!

Bisch

Comment

Originally posted by Bisch View Post
                        Wow, CQ, your shooting that bow like you’ve had it for years!!!!!!

Good luck with her, and keep us updated!

Bisch

Originally posted by Antlers86 View Post
                        Awesome!!!! Excellent shooting

Optical illusion, no worries! The top limb is up against the bale, and the bottom limb was a few feet from the wall. It took some doing to hold the bow, phone, focus, and take picture, lol

Comment

Originally posted by CamoQuest View Post
                          Optical illusion, no worries! The top limb is up against the bale, and the bottom limb was a few feet from the wall. It took some doing to hold the bow, phone, focus, and take picture, lol
                          I see it now!

Hope you get to paint some arrows red soon! Nothing has a chance with you shooting!

Comment

Hey CamoQuest, just checking to see how things are going ???

Bisch

Comment

Reached out to Bo-N-Aro a few days ago, Sacajawea will be on her way shortly. I’ll add my recap and bio soon, too.

Comment

CamoQuest, when I returned from hunting in Kansas this past Monday she was here waiting for me!!! Thanks so much for getting her to me.
                                I couldn't stand her staying in the shipping box so opened it up and introduced myself to her. I assembled the bow and have it ready to shoot. I will find the best arrow and hopefully get several of my grandkids over to let them sling a few and share the story behind her. The cool thing is I have both right and left handed shooters so this will be the first time we all can shoot the same bow.
                                More to come!

Comment

Working...
                                X