Is There a Happy Medium Mech. Head?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have been shooting Rage since I started bow hunting. I love the blood trails they produce, but I wouldn't mind seeing some more penetration sometimes. Is there a reliable mechanical out there that will produce good blood trails and out penetrate the Rage? Maybe a good three blade? Wasp, Grim Reaper etc..? Looking for first hand experience.

PS: Sorry for another broadhead thread! Between eight animals in Africa and four boar hogs yesterday I am needing to buy some new heads. (I ordered Chinadermics for pigs from here out)

I just posted the best broadhead that money can buy.

Comment

I love the Grim Reaper 1 3/8” razor cuts. They blow through everything I’ve shot with them so far.

Comment

Originally posted by COOLDAD1 View Post
        I just posted the best broadhead that money can buy.
        They look expensive!

Comment

What poundage and arrow are you shooting? I shoot FMJ 340 arrow 100 grain head with a 70 lb 29" draw. I've shot plenty of animals with rage and NAP killzone. Most of the deer have been complete pass throughs unless I hit the off shoulder. Most hogs they will go through the other side out to the fletching or completely through.

Comment

Wanting to stick with mech? I recently got some bone broadhaeads (single bevel 2 blade) and im really impressed with them.

Comment

Grim reaper white special 2” and I’ve blown through a femur and 2 ribs on opposite side before complete pass through.. also Crazy blood trails and huge entrances an exits. I’ll never shoot another head!

This is the entrance on one could’ve put a racquet ball through it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I have been shooting NAP Spitfires for a long time love them. Make a good shot and they will not travel far with good blood.

Comment

Originally posted by Hobbs View Post
                  What poundage and arrow are you shooting? I shoot FMJ 340 arrow 100 grain head with a 70 lb 29" draw. I've shot plenty of animals with rage and NAP killzone. Most of the deer have been complete pass throughs unless I hit the off shoulder. Most hogs they will go through the other side out to the fletching or completely through.
                  70lb Triax, 30" Draw, 545 grain Black Eagle Carnivores

Comment

I shoot 60# with Rage Hypos and rarely do not get a pass through.

I usually even get pass throughs with Rage Extremes. That being said if major bone structure is hit, broadhead isn’t going to matter much related to penetration.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Years ago I shot NAP Spitfires and had good luck with them. Big cut AND they have a steel ferrule!

Comment

Grim Reaper

Comment

Grim reaper razortip 1 3/8 have been my favorite for a long time. They penetrate well and are a good all around size. The fatal steels are great but smaller cutting diameter. I have also shot the 4 blade grim reapers and like them. I have tried numerous others. Wasp jackhammers and rockets were oldies but goodies! I like the all steel vortex mechanical heads. I have some of the new Sever heads to try and I liked the Ulmer heads back in the day. You could never go wrong with a good old spitfire. I think the spitfire and Killzone are great heads but I don’t think they with penetrate better than a rage.

Comment

Penetration, blood, and death = Grim Reaper!

Grim Reaper I've used several and like them all! The whitetail special 2” is incredible, but I also have and use the 1 3/8. Both 3 and 4 blades.

Comment

If your not wanting to shoot a trypan then go with the grim reaper razor tip. It’s a great head. Flies good and great penetration. I still think the trypan is the best mechanical made.

I shot this doe with a sevr yesterday and the hole was giant but the blood trail sucked. So I’m not sold on them.

Comment

Working...
                              X